GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day folks,planning a big trip for 2020,id appreciate opionions on should and must do maintenance,,40,000 miles,,ive purchased a shop manual,,wooshh little overwhelming for this non mechanic thx p.s. hopeing for great rideing time,,,,not searching for a honda dealership,,happy rideing all

·
Registered
92 Posts
where do you live and where are you planning to ride? we have been to a lot of different places, mostly west and southwest, but never been on the east coast as there is a lot more traffic to deal with, I think.
We are from S.Dak so everything is more populated than here..lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just be sure the recommended maintenance in the owners manual is current but factor in your anticipated trip mileage so your are not dealing with getting it done on the road.

Obviously tires and brakes should be included in your plan.

Long trips are the best thing I enjoy with my MCs.

Safe travels & enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
711 Posts
good day folks,planning a big trip for 2020,id appreciate opionions on should and must do maintenance,,40,000 miles,,ive purchased a shop manual,,wooshh little overwhelming for this non mechanic thx p.s. hopeing for great rideing time,,,,not searching for a honda dealership,,happy rideing all
Hi Darrell, search the archives here for the last couple of months and you'll find responses to very similar questions asked by me and at least one other guy. Lot's of good comments and advice. I think my post was something like "New-to-me..." if you want to search on that. My short list of things to change/look at would be: coolant, plugs, air filter, brakes, and age of tires. The plugs are super easy and cheap, but not so much the AF. If you're not mech inclined you might want to have that one done. There's lots more you could do by way of mods, too.

Good luck.

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Welcome to the wing ! Miles = smiles !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts