GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two of the latest KLOCK WERKS recurved screen to test on my 2018 GW.
I fitted a KLOCK WERKS screen to my 2017 HD Ultra and was very happy with the improvement over the stock HD screen.
6 months and 10000 miles ago I fitted an F4 screen to my GW, which was an improvement over the stock screen.
As soon as I heard that KLOCK WERKS were developing a screen for the new GW started pestering then , a few weeks ago I received two of their latest GW screens. Below are photos of their new recurved screens .
I'll fit them to my bike and will take photos with the screens lowered and in the raised positions, this week end.
I'll also test then and give you my opinion compared to the standard screen as well as the F4 screen .
Rain is predicted for Fort Lauderdale this week end , and in the "name of science" I will ride my bike.
The F4 does displace rain , but some rain water still flows over the top of the screen onto my helmet.
The KLOCK WERKS screens have a more pronounced curve ,and I believe that this deeper curve will direct the water to the sides, instead of onto my helmet. as well as deflect more air over the helmet
The Klock Werks Screen are 23" wide and 20.5 high for the high version and 19"high for the low version
The F4 is 22' wide and 20" high
and the stock screen is 21" wide and 20" high .
The dimensions in the photos are along the perimeter of the screen which gives a width of 25" the measurements above are straight across at the widest part.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
I spoke to the national klock werks rep this past week in Michigan and he hinted that they would have a shorter shield coming out very soon for our wings. I have the current KW shield on mine now and even at 6'1 it's hard to see over it.

Reactions: Nate Mayo

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the shorter screen Im 6ft 1"
Its very nice for hot days or in traffic , when you want cooling wind on your face .
In the raised position , the screen is at nose level ( I'll take a photo later to show you )
High enough to look over yet still defect the wind and rain over your helmet.
Im 6ft 1" and love this screen in the Florida heat , It should also be perfect for shorter riders.
This week end I'll fit the taller screen, take photos and report back.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
This is the shorter screen Im 6ft 1"
Its very nice for hot days or in traffic , when you want cooling wind on your face .
In the raised position , the screen is at nose level ( I'll take a photo later to show you )
High enough to look over yet still defect the wind and rain over your helmet.
Im 6ft 1" and love this screen in the Florida heat , It should also be perfect for shorter riders.
This week end I'll fit the taller screen, take photos and report back.
Other than it not being tinted that is what i am looking for. I love KW and have had 3 of them but this wing one is too tall. Thanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
I had one of the originals and returned it. Seems the lip went almost straight up and made it impossible for me to see over when it was all the way down. Might have to give them another shot if this pans out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts