GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool:Just finshed 430 miles on the new tire, I love it only took few miles and some slow speed manuvering to get used to it.No problem on the twisties. I am never going back to a MC tire.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Red, welcome to the gl1800riders board and the DS. You don't waste anytime...mount it and then a nice little 430 mile trip around the neighborhood:thumbup:.

Many (s)miles to come with a darned good tire.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
:congrats: Red welcome to the DARKSIDE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mounting was no problem

Mounting was no problem, I am able to use the craft shop on post, FT. Bliss, TX, the KU 31 went on very eaisly, used 3oz of the Dyna beads, set the preload at 10, it slid right in on the axel. I had some odd looks, but i enjoy that. I bought the tire at Discount Tire in El Paso, $128.00 out the door. I am looking for a spare rim available close to El Paso to keep a spare or maybe to try different CTs. Thanks for all the posts here and the videos it made the leap much eaiser.:excited:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside and the forum!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your choice of an excellent tire.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Mounting was no problem, I am able to use the craft shop on post, FT. Bliss, TX, the KU 31 went on very eaisly, used 3oz of the Dyna beads, set the preload at 10, it slid right in on the axel. I had some odd looks, but i enjoy that. I bought the tire at Discount Tire in El Paso, $128.00 out the door. I am looking for a spare rim available close to El Paso to keep a spare or maybe to try different CTs. Thanks for all the posts here and the videos it made the leap much eaiser.:excited:
I am starting my research for considering running a CT and saw that this is a popular tire. I checked Discount Tire in Tyler and found the price to be $168, then I saw this thread and the price you paid. Wow, that's a huge price difference, so I checked the El Paso price and found $169. How in the world did you get such a low price without using a weapon?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Kumho ku31 non run flat. Kumho ecsta Runflat guys 2 different tires

·
IronMan
17,811 Posts
welcome to the ds many more miles n smiles

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts