GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took off the old worn out Kumho.
The tire had 26,416 km (16,414 miles) on it. Down to the wear bars with the side just starting to shread. Mounted another Kumho RF. No need for beads or balancing. Very happy with the handling and performance.
Ricker

Attachments

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: Ricker! Looks like you did a good jpb of wearing that thing evenly!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ricker! - Looks like you got your $$ worth out of the Kumho. I am 18 days from beginning my ride up your way. I will be southeast of your location in Nelson. Any intel on some good rides we can do while in the Nelson area. We will be there for 5 days

Thanks & Ride On!

Smitty

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
The tire had 26,416 km (16,414 miles) on it. Down to the wear bars with the side just starting to shread. Mounted another Kumho RF. No need for beads or balancing. Very happy with the handling and performance.
Ricker
Only 16,414 miles, I thought the whole idea of a car tire was high mileage.
I can get that from a MC tire. :shrug:

·
DSI Keeper
9,185 Posts
You may, but I sure can't. My last two mileage numbers are 7400 and 7800. Now, ask me what my mileage is for MT's... :eek:4:

A lot more to the darkside than just getting higher wear out of a CT. You will find out as you run one on yours. :yes1:

BTW, welcome to the darkside! Give me a shout when you want to be added to the list.

:congrats:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
John, I think a good rule of thumb to go by is what a few others on here have said and that is you'll likely get around 25% more mileage out of a CT. That has not been my experience but you'll understand after reading the PM I sent.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Biker John you have it all wrong. 16,000 is excellent mileage. I have gotten just over 13,000 with my last two CT's with 3-4/32's left on them. But I ride for safety not for added mileage. Better stick with you MT tire.:shrug:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yep, me too. I've gotten 13,000 out of my last to, each. I don't expect much of a change on the third that I had just gotten. It is an excellent tire.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mounting

Forgot to mention that the local tire shop only charged me $10.00 for the change over. What a deal!!!

Smottka - I will put together a few suggestions for you on a PM. Lots of great bike roads in the area! Great choice of destination for a bike trip!!!!!

Ricker

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ricker - Received your e-mail and now I am even more excited to head north of the border. I sent you a reply too

Thanks and Ride On!

Smitty

G

·
Ricker
Very good! I have yet to balance any MC or CT as they are perfect or they go back. I sent one back so far.

I just picked up a spare rim and a new Kumho Solus 205x60 for mine although the current tire still has some 5k+ left on it. I am planning and swapping just before our August trip. Currently I just hit 38k on the tire yesterday. It's like that Bunny that just keeps going and going and going ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts