GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new turndown tips from Hal and put them on yesterday. My stock tips came off easily though the bolts were slightly rusted. The inside of the OEM tips were moderately rusty. The new turndowns fit perfectly and look great. Kuryakyn even provided stainless steel bolts for the attachment (they left out lock washers however). I'll let you know if the chrome has any problems. So far I am very pleased with the product and price. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
The Kury turndowns showed up for the wifes bike also. I took off the stock tips. I reached in the box pulled out a tip for the right side. Installed the right tip. Reached in the box..................another tip for the right side. Two tips for the right side in the same box.

Something I did notice was the Kury tips are not as snug as the stock tips.
They turn down the same distance as the Hondaline turndowns.

·
Registered
287 Posts
UNCLEMASLO,

Thank you for this information, you seem to be happy with them. I wonder are they better than the Showchrome Tips. :wink: :eek:ops

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Big Red, I don't have any info on the Showchrome tips. GoldWingGuy, I didn't notice any change in the sound. The bike is so quiet anyway and my minidisc player is on high so I didn't notice a difference. I hate to plug Kuryakyn because I have two of their products that I've had problems with but these seem OK so far! My first impression is good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Big Red- I use the Big Bike turn downs from Hal. The quality and fit were first class. I drilled my mufflers some for a little more agressive sound. With turndowns and stock (undrilled) mufflers, I would say there was very little difference in sound.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
My Best Buds in California surprised me with a set of Hondaline turn downs for my birthday last August. I was taken back by their generosity as they also loaded my bike up with Frame Covers and a bunch more stuff. Way overboard.

I never would have bought the the turn downs myself, just based on price. After mounting them, I realized that the back of my bike stayed cleaner. So just for that it is worth having them for myself.

I never thought that I would say this, but I recommend turn downs for the GL 1800. Manufacture of choice, but I would look at all of them, as there are some differences.

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
GoldWingGuy,

With the Kurys installed I detect a slightly louder rumble under speeds of 40 mph. Above that, I can't tell any difference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
smaller pics of my turndowns

Put 'em on and think they look kewl. adding speed and glamour to bigPhred

·
Registered
287 Posts
Phramed,

These are not the Turndown Tips on your wing. The tips that you have on are for the wealthy wingers. We poorer wingers just do with the turndown tips. Ride Safe and expect the unexpected. :lol: :wink: :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
sorry, wrong thread. I was trying the photo thing and didn't pay much attention. That happens when your wealthy :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Phramed

That exhaust looks terrible......... uh, you should mail them to me and, uh... Ill get rid of em for ya,

how bout them apples???

Great Looking Exhaust there! Ride Long. :eek:w1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts