GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing the new Kuryakyn front fork brace that I had purchased during the last HDL sale.
WOW, it's great. I bought it in hopes that it would decrease the very noticable flexing of the front forks during very slow speed tight turns. It did.
And, it made the front end much more stable at all times in fairly tight turns, like at an intersection.
I'm very happy with it.
The install was extremely easy because the directions were pretty good.
It looks good installed on the bike.
If you notice any low speed flex/wobble when turning in a tight radius, this product seems to eliminate that condition.
I give it at 4 1/2 out of 5. The cap screws that were included were of poor quality. I will replace them in the near future. Not a big problem.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I found mine to give me the exact same results. You know with all due respect to Kuryakyn.....it seems they are often cutting corners somewhere on most of there products. At least many of the ones I've seen. It's a shame they would do it on some of the most critical pieces to the integrity of the products......the screws/bolts.. :roll:

·
Registered
131 Posts
CJS,

I totally agree. I had the exact same experience. I find it hard to believe most folks say forkbraces are a waste of money?? I'm not a hardcore performance kind of guy but I think along with the all-balls, the Kury brace was money well spent. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts