GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They released an upper set of deflectors to match the lowers. I emailed kuryakyn back in January asking if they would be making a matching set and the response that nothing is planned for them. Today saw these available.

·
Registered
16,629 Posts
Well, for what it is it may be fine and dandy; but Honda and others already make similar products that serve this need. What else we really need is a deflector that guards those two big gaps between the wind screen and mirrors. Those hocky stick shaped gaps created a jet of air right onto our hands and forearms. How in 'tarnation are these companies ignoring the obvious need?

prs

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Well, for what it is it may be fine and dandy; but Honda and others already make similar products that serve this need. What else we really need is a deflector that guards those two big gaps between the wind screen and mirrors. Those hocky stick shaped gaps created a jet of air right onto our hands and forearms. How in 'tarnation are these companies ignoring the obvious need?

prs
Check out "Baker" products aka Baker Wings out of Ohio. I bought his wind deflectors that protect your hands from that jet blast of air or rain onto your paws! I love mine. And they are adjustable as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Those cheapo Chinese raisers have helped a bit to take some of the jet blast off my hands, but not entirely. I also have the OEM Upper winglets.

·
Registered
16,629 Posts
Check out "Baker" products aka Baker Wings out of Ohio. I bought his wind deflectors that protect your hands from that jet blast of air or rain onto your paws! I love mine. And they are adjustable as well.
I will take a gander. Thanks.

prs

·
Registered
16,629 Posts
Those cheapo Chinese raisers have helped a bit to take some of the jet blast off my hands, but not entirely. I also have the OEM Upper winglets.
Are you talking about the product Kenichi mentioned just a couple of posts above?

prs

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
While I can't give a ride report this month. I did get the uppers installed today. They are between the Honda and the Show Chrome as far as how much air will flow to your body. The Show Chrome can be adjusted to allow large volumes of air to your upper body where the Honda blocks most of the flow. When closed the Honda blocks more air then the Show Chrome.
The Kuryakyn looks to be in-between on both accounts and has a open and a closed setting.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
They released an upper set of deflectors to match the lowers. I emailed kuryakyn back in January asking if they would be making a matching set and the response that nothing is planned for them. Today saw these available.

They look pretty nice. (y)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I may have to get a set to match the lowers :unsure:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I installed the Kury uppers on my 2020 since I ordered the kury lowers I figured these would be best match and hoping they work.
Install takes about 10 min. and very easy, just remove 1 screw from bottom of mirror and attach the bracket with a new supplied screw, then screw the fin to the bracket with one bolt you remove from bracket before assembly.
They look great on the bike and since I haven't received the lowers on yet I cant compare the match.
This is the only set I have tried so I cant give a comparison to other brands.
It is a two position only wing, open or closed, nothing like the bakers on my 12 model.
upper 2.jpg
upper 3.jpg
upper 4.jpg
upper5.jpg

DO THEY WORK ??
I didn't notice any big change in directing the air into me over not having them installed, BUT I can feel the difference when they are closed and directing air around the fairing and rider. This could possibly help for turbulent to the passenger. I should have the lowers by friday

Attachments

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Use a strong Velcro when installing the lowers I first tried Self lock and they stuck out too far. Then I used a small square of strong Velcro as far forward as possible. This way you can still service the bike. You do not need to use the large piece of double sided tape as the screws do a good job of holding that area.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Use a strong Velcro when installing the lowers I first tried Self lock and they stuck out too far. Then I used a small square of strong Velcro as far forward as possible. This way you can still service the bike. You do not need to use the large piece of double sided tape as the screws do a good job of holding that area.
Good advice

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am using the Windwings uppers, and Kuryakyn lowers, both of which work really well for air management. I like the look of both also.
The pic is just the Windwings uppers.

WindWings3.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts