GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Not much of a movie person, but I'd go see that, if I wasn't too busy otherwise.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm Curious

I can only imagine how many "wannabes" this movie is going to spawn. How many unrideable "Ghost Rider Replica Models" are we going to see? How many of those "wannabes" are going to attempt the stunts shown in the movie on their replica bikes?

Once again, the positive image of a Motorcyclist is going to suffer a setback. The perception will continue to be that of a lawless, noisy, group of anarchists who operate only by night............

What the hell.......I'll go see it if only to point and laugh.

Cloud9

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonder how many will show up at the theater wearing their pirate costume (earring, do-rag, sleeveless leather vest) for this one?
Also kinda wonder what Neal Perl who wrote "Ghost Rider" thinks about them using this name for the movie.
Think that I'll wait for the "bargain matinee" screening for this flick rather than pay full price. Eva Mendes isn't too hard on the eyes.

Ed W.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I don't know about the movie but Eva Mendes is a definate hottie.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Cage: mildly interesting
Motorcycles: very interesting
Supernatural BS: no interest at all.

Just personal taste. I hate all that fantasy crap for adults. Fine for kids.
Maybe my problem is that I loved hard science fiction as a kid and watched it get contaminated by soft character driven drivel until some wanted to relabel "SF" as "speculative fiction" or speculative fantasy"

I'm still a big fan of hard science. All the character driven stuff is just soap opera to me. I'm always amazed at how our society makes no distinction between someone who can talk a good game, lawyer, politician, Rosie, ;) and someone who actually knows things, Hawking, etc.

S

·
0 Posts
OH MY GOSH !!!!!!!! There should be a law against looking that good , darn near lost it...WOW

Eva Mendes :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: I'm Curious

Cloud9 said:
The perception will continue to be that of a lawless, noisy, group of anarchists who operate only by night............
Yah, and your point is?

Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another new motorcycle movie out or due out is "Hog Wild". John Travolta and Tim Allen. "Middle-aged suburban biker wannabes hit the open road...".
Probably good for a few laughs.
Ken

C

·
0 Posts
Lazyboy said:
Just personal taste. I hate all that fantasy crap for adults. Fine for kids.
Maybe my problem is that I loved hard science fiction as a kid and watched it get contaminated by soft character driven drivel until some wanted to relabel "SF" as "speculative fiction" or speculative fantasy"
Hey man this was a KIDS comic book inthe 60's and 70's this was sometime before "Graphic Novels" for Adults became the vogue, and the bastardization of Sci-Fi :lol:

Lazyboy said:
I'm still a big fan of hard science. All the character driven stuff is just soap opera to me. I'm always amazed at how our society makes no distinction between someone who can talk a good game, lawyer, politician, Rosie, ;) and someone who actually knows things, Hawking, etc.
What would you consider "Hard Sci-Fi" as most of the stuff I read(used to read) was extremly character driven, thats what made it so engaging.
Give me an example of what Sci-fi you mean? :?:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yes, Eva is definitely easy on the eyes :eek:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
tequilaroy said:
rrrrrriiiiinnnnngggg rrrrrriiiinnnnngggg

"hello?"
"hi; this is Eva, your destiny. Are you going to watch this movie?"
"yes, ma'am."

Paul,
I'll rent it when it comes out in video and we can watch it as a guilty pleasures thing.

S

·
0 Posts
STOP YOU GUYS I'M GOING MAD !!!! :eek:4: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes: :22yikes:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
reminder ...
Ghost Rider opens today ...

yes, it IS silly plotless mindless cheap entertainment ...

I'm going!

:)
Dennis

·
Registered
280 Posts
Cloud9 wrote:

I can only imagine how many "wannabes" this movie is going to spawn. How many unrideable "Ghost Rider Replica Models" are we going to see? How many of those "wannabes" are going to attempt the stunts shown in the movie on their replica bikes?

Once again, the positive image of a Motorcyclist is going to suffer a setback. The perception will continue to be that of a lawless, noisy, group of anarchists who operate only by night............

What the hell.......I'll go see it if only to point and laugh.

My reply:

Sorry for the setback of your positive image!

Your laughing so you dont cry?

Hopefully your life involves a sense of adventure, romance and humor so this movie will not ruin it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: Ghost Rider

"Middle-aged suburban biker wannabes hit the open road...".
A movie that sounds like any bike fest with all the Harley RUBS... :lol:

Deciding on Ghost Rider or Breach this weekend. Breach will be more intelligent, but GR could be good for a few laughs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts