GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wrong:

I ordered a new 2019 map card from Garmin and it has several glitches. I'd hold off ordering until the issues are resolved. I'm disappointed that Garmin knew the cards were defective and kept selling them. They are still selling them today! Nothing has been resolved yet. I'll re-post whenever they send a fix out

The next time I want updated maps I'll follow instructions I have seen online--this sucks

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
interesting new here! thank you!

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
What are the glitches?
That’s my question. I bought the latest update for my 06 a few weeks ago and it seems to be working fine for me.

Tell us more...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
So......

Did you talk to them about the glitches?
Did they acknowledge issues?
Did they happen to mention they are rectifying the issue and sending out replacement SD cards to all effected?

Or do we need to contact them to get on a replacement list or something.....

Your signature info indicates you ride a 2014 so I’m assuming the 2012 and up are the effected SD cards.

:shrug:

·
Registered
88 Posts
From an email I received from Garmin support:

We are still working on the root case of the time roll back issue on your Gold Wing device. In the mean time, there is a manual fix to this issue if you want the correct date and time. Keep in mind that the date/time setting adjusts one minute per button or one year per button. Moving forward 20 years would take some time. You can at least adjust the time by going to: Setup/Info > Setup System > Time and Date.

We are continuing to research this issue and hope to have a resolution soon.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
From an email I received from Garmin support:

We are still working on the root case of the time roll back issue on your Gold Wing device. In the mean time, there is a manual fix to this issue if you want the correct date and time. Keep in mind that the date/time setting adjusts one minute per button or one year per button. Moving forward 20 years would take some time. You can at least adjust the time by going to: Setup/Info > Setup System > Time and Date.

We are continuing to research this issue and hope to have a resolution soon.
I just got that same message. They know its screwed up and they are still selling it.

Its the update for 2012-2017 years. There are two other versions that may be fine.

Sorry! I should have provided more details.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
I just got that same message. They know its screwed up and they are still selling it.

Its the update for 2012-2017 years. There are two other versions that may be fine.

Sorry! I should have provided more details.
Any issues other than the date?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any issues other than the date?
The date and time function affects when the screen going into night mode/day mode, so it must be adjusted manually every day I ride (an inconvenience) . I found two traffic circles not shown on the Goldwing 2019 map, but they show up on other software. The solution they offer is to submit the missing / incorrect data and they may correct it on future releases. So for whatever reason, the 2019 maps for the Goldwing do not reflect whats shown on the maps in my portable Garmin GPS with lifetime updates.

I read that someone had to reload routes after start up, but I have not seen that problem.

I plan to get educated in downloading the maps from my portable--especially now that I guess I have the latest firmware

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My portable GPS uses maps 2020.10 while the new data card from Garmin/Honda has maps for 2019.10, so that could be why your traffic circles are not there.

·
Registered
724 Posts
this is nice, I just ordered the new card and was going to install it today!!!! if the date and time are the only issues I will update it, we are leaving on a ride around Michigan in the morning hope it works. I will just bring my old card with me and reinstall that one if its doesn't work.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine drops the routes when you stop for gas and you have to enter the route again. Night mode often does not change until 10:30am or so. Date on clock that shows on the bike always starts between 3:00 and 3:30 pm. It will correct at some point. The date On the GPS setup screen shows 1999. It takes forever to load with the new maps. I cannot believe they are still selling it with the known issues.

I got the same message the another poster got from Garmin.

·
Registered
756 Posts
What is the software and firmware version of the new cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
There is no software version. The map version on the new card I got is 2019.10 and the firmware version is still 2.9

Note: This is for the 2012-2017 year bikes.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I took the new card back to Garnin the day after we returned from the trip. I had to put the old card back in the bike to do the trip and when I told the Customer Service guy about it he said there were no problems with the card. I said he needs to follow the forum about the card problems and he laughed and said OH YA THE FORUMS. I live about three miles from Garmin head quarters and asked if they wanted to call me later and ask what it did and they said no thanks... good thing I took the old card with me no the trip

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I took the new card back to Garnin the day after we returned from the trip. I had to put the old card back in the bike to do the trip and when I told the Customer Service guy about it he said there were no problems with the card. I said he needs to follow the forum about the card problems and he laughed and said OH YA THE FORUMS. I live about three miles from Garmin head quarters and asked if they wanted to call me later and ask what it did and they said no thanks... good thing I took the old card with me no the trip
Same here. I called them back after my initial complaint to report a few map errors. Their response was typically horrible for customer service. They told me to document the map errors and send them through some alternate website. They would “try” to correct the errors and might be able to include the corrections on the next goldwing map update-which I could purchase. I’m scared of messing with software but I’m ready to attempt copying Garmins updated map as described elsewhere.

It sounds like these Garmin Honda goldwing map cards are sort of an inside joke at Garmin. Sucks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts