GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been reading this board for about two months and I figured its about time to introduce myself. I have been driving a Harley 2003 Dyna-wideglide for three years until I purchased a new dark metallic orange 2007 GL1800 with Nav/comfort pkg & ABS and Airbag this Dec 26. Unfortunately I had to go out of state to purchase the bike because after I reached a verbal agreement to purchase the motorcycle in Fort Myers, Florida. The sales manager vetoed the sale because the salesperson was new and quoted the price wrong. I was still going to pay the extra money but then they tried to get another eight hundred dollars for the extended warranty, which was included in the original quote. In short, the dealer wanted twenty eight hundred dollars higher than the original quote. Well because of this chat board, I was able to get the name of a dealer in Tennessee and purchase the bike for almost four thousand dollars cheaper. Moreover, the dealer had the bike in stock while my Fort Myers dealer said I would have to wait until February 2007 for the bike. I drove the bike home from Tennessee and was impressed by the comfort and riding characteristics of the Goldwing. I was not tired at all when I arrived at my home in Marco Island, Florida - approximately a 800 mile trip. I had previously ridden my Harley from North Carolina (The Dragon) to Florida and was tired sore & stiff. My wife could not ride with me on the Harley because she was previously involved in a auto accident and the Harleys vibration would cause her neck to hurt. Well this Saturday I just drove the Goldwing with my wife on a three hundred eighty mile round trip through the everglades and she (the wife) felt fine. Previously, the farthest that she was able to travel with me on the Harley was sixty miles before her neck would hurt. Now she wants a cup holder and all other items to make her traveling more enjoyable. We plan to drive to the Keys in a couple of weeks and with any luck will take a trip up the eastern US this summer. The Harley has been downgraded to a ride around the town bike. I appreciate all the info that this board has to offer but I have learned from raising six children to listen to it hurts. Therefore, I apologize in advance if my posts are limited.

PS - As soon as my daughter can find the digital camera, I will post a picture of my toys

·
Registered
125 Posts
Steven,

Welcome and congrats on your new Wing!!!! You'll enjoy it with all that nice weather down there. Look forward to some pictures. :D

G

·
Welcome Steven, you will not only enjoy your new ride but the best board around . Have a look around the site and hook up with some of the up coming rides . :biker:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Welcome and enjoy the awesome change, my wife had some of the same issues and now when the Wing moves (not goin' to work) her rule is she's onboard and smilin' big. :wink: 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good Choice!!! Dark Orange is made better than the rest :lol: :lol: Faster too!! (ok, all Wings are great). Don't you just love the features on this bike, great stereo and the comfort is amazing. This is my first big touring bike, can't imagine anything better.

Sounds like we have identical Wings with similar SO's experience. My wife seldom (next to never) rode with me on the HD or, for that matter, the old Honda Nighthawk. Now I can't seem to get any solitude!! Some times just have to tell her I'm taking the HD out for a ride :twisted:

I too seldom rode more than 400 miles at a time on the HD, now with the Wing that's nothing. I'm even considering trying for the Bun Burner this spring, figure 1,500 miles on the Wing is like 600 on the HD. If I was experienced as some of these folks on the board I think I'd try for the BB Gold, just have to travel a little fast for my taste. Don't get me wrong, I like my HD, heck of a head turner and fast. The wing is a more civilized bike for long trips, plus it too is fast, just not as neck snapping as the V-Rod.

Congrats on your new bike.

'07 airbag
'04 HD V-Rod
'93 Nighthawk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome!! I also purchased mine in Tennessee.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome, and as another Wing newbie let me tell you that you have the right place! Plenty of helpful people here and many different talents and areas of expertise that is readily shared.
Thanks again to all that welcomed me and have given freely of their advise and xperiance with Wings!

G

·
Congrats on the new Wing my fellow Floridian. I too went out of state and saved at least four thousand, good feeling saving all that money over these high priced Florida dealers huh :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Steve, Crongrat's , I've got a' 02 with ORANGE paint.
I took her out for a Sunday ride and ended up 385 miles away from where I started .
I just didn't want to stop. ...........Wing's are Great :D
You & the Wife Enjoy the Wing
Bob

·
Registered
261 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. you have ran into the best forum, in my opinion on the web. they can get crabby from time to time but they will all help if you need it. sorry your bike looks like a pumpkin though, you'll get use to it. White is the best color, if you dont think so, just ask me! :flg:

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Welcome to the party Steven. Like you I also went out of state to get my ride. Sad isn't it. I really wanted to do business locally, but just couldn't see myself spending all those extra bucks for nothing. The extra money saved allowed me to help keep Hal in business. :wink:

If you're not doing anything this Saturday, come on up and meet everyone and have lunch with all of us.

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=74364

Bartman

1 - 20 of 20 Posts