GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had not ridden a motorcycle in more than 25 years and that was a 125cc. Two years ago I bought a BMW K1200LT and tried to learn to ride. It didn’t work out too well. The bike is too top heavy and I am not a large guy. I put a Voyager trike kit on it in order to get my wife to join me. Last October I bought a 2008 Goldwing Airbag and started learning to ride two wheels again. This time I was successful. I have ridden 4000 miles. Lots of parking lot time and lots of back country twisties. Love the bike.
I have been reading about putting a car tire on the bike for several months. I read every forum that I could find and gathered lots of info. After deciding that it was safe, the next step was which tire. I read the very heated discussions on this forum about run flat versus non-run flat tires. I went with the Falken Ziex ZE912. I took my first test ride today and I love it. Low speed handling is much improved. The ride is much smoother. I was worried about handling in the curves, but it was no problem in fact I think that I like the feel better. I seem to get more feedback from the bike when leaned over in the curve. All in all I am a convert. How do I get my number and decal???

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I had not ridden a motorcycle in more than 25 years and that was a 125cc. Two years ago I bought a BMW K1200LT and tried to learn to ride. It didn’t work out too well. The bike is too top heavy and I am not a large guy. I put a Voyager trike kit on it in order to get my wife to join me. Last October I bought a 2008 Goldwing Airbag and started learning to ride two wheels again. This time I was successful. I have ridden 4000 miles. Lots of parking lot time and lots of back country twisties. Love the bike.
I have been reading about putting a car tire on the bike for several months. I read every forum that I could find and gathered lots of info. After deciding that it was safe, the next step was which tire. I read the very heated discussions on this forum about run flat versus non-run flat tires. I went with the Falken Ziex ZE912. I took my first test ride today and I love it. Low speed handling is much improved. The ride is much smoother. I was worried about handling in the curves, but it was no problem in fact I think that I like the feel better. I seem to get more feedback from the bike when leaned over in the curve. All in all I am a convert. How do I get my number and decal???
Welcome fellow darksider... Did no one warn you of the crashing and burning thing? You will have a visit soon from the dispenser of numbers...

Enjoy the soup out of your Ziex. :congrats:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
dguinn, welcome to the Forum and welcome to the Darkside! :congrats: On your tire, it too was my first C/T and I too loved it! I got close to 15,000 miles out of it before I wore the center out. Go visit Rail32 for the Darksider cookies. Contact Murgie, for a number and TJ Ranch for a sticker. Many happy miles!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Another happy DARKSIDER !!!!!!!!:congrats:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Welcome back to the bikers community !, Congrats on the Darkside decision. A bigger welcome to the forum !! Now all that crap is done get here for some Darkside cookies man time is wasting !!;)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE:22yikes:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
PM sent...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I have ridden about 400 miles in the last three days getting accustomed to the tire. Parking lots, twisties and open slab. Nothing but positives. Love the tire.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside. The more you ride, the more you'll like it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts