GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow wingers, just registered but have been reading here a while. I am a double darksider. I have ran and worn out 1 rear car tire, Maxxis 205/55/16, I loved the way it handled and rode but I only got about 8000 miles out of it, just like the previous MTs. I have moved on to a Michelin pilot sport A/S plus 205/55 and so far like the handling better than the Maxxis, it was a must to be on the throttle in a curve, the Michie isn't like that. I have just installed a MIchelin pilot active 130/70/18 on the front but have not ridden it yet, hope to put it through it's paces tomorrow. I'll post about my experience with it if I don't crash and burn.:lol::lol::lol:

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Dave welcome to the forums and the darkside. There is a ton of good stuff here, so hope you have some spare reading time. If you like a number with that grin, give me a shout as I am the keeper of all things dark. Especially the numbers :coffee1:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome Dave, we will see how good that set up works tomorrow. We should put about 350 to 400 miles.....lots of twisties.... :22yikes:

See ya in the morning
Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kool, lookin' forward to it. I haven't ridden in a week and getting jittery.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dave,
Welcome. Become "official" and do like Murgie says, get a number and join in. The more, the merrier!!!!! Enjoy the Double-Dark"!!!! Semper-fi:flg:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already contacted Murgie about the #.
Semper Fi , my son is a Marine !/7 C/co in Iraq now.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dave,
Thanks for your sons service to the GREATEST country in the world. Our prayers will be with him and Charlie Company. Semper-fi:flg:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts