GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My current ride is H-D Heritage Softail which I’ve owned for nearly 7 years. Before that I had BMW K1600GT, Yamaha FJR1300, Honda ST1100, Honda Blackbird, Suzuki 750, plus a few others.

I’m now looking for a bike which will possibly be the last bike I buy. It needs a fairing and heated grips etc. to cope with the crappy British weather and it needs to be very reliable and comfortable. I’ve been looking at Honda Goldwing, BMW RT, Harley-Davidson Ultra Ltd. All good bikes in their own right. But I’m edging towards a new 2019 model Goldwing B (manual/non tour) I don’t need the top box and prefer the blacked out look.. I’ve had nearly 7 years of chrome, I now want something easy to clean.

Here in UK this model is not available with DCT (has to be manual) and has to be black or matt grey. Thats not a problem, apparently the manual is easier to work on, change oil, etc. So cheaper servicing. There’s also no electronic suspension and no tyre pressure psi display, these I can live without. The biggest negative thing I’ve seen it mentioned that this model has no traction control. Surely this can’t be right? Even basic BMW’s have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Good luck in your search, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts