GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a welcoming section so I thought I would post here (mods feel free to move as needed).

Brief background, I am sportbike track junkie that comes from a family of riders. My father, who is ill, recently gave me his fully-loaded GL1800. I believe its a 2009 (have to look at the title). Anyways, this is an amazing bike and an absolute pleasure to cruise on. Having never owned a cruiser before, it has been used for trips up and down Florida's coasts, a neighborhood runabout for my son and I, and a weekend getaway toy for my girlfriend and I (this in only 3 weeks of ownership).

Here is the Goldwing, the day I rode it home, just over 6k on the odometer (at the time). Riding around with heated grips, a heated seat, Sat/Nav, and the safety of an airbag have been fun.

Leaving Tampa @ 4:45 AM, 47 degrees out, 40 mph wind gusts, and rain on her maiden voyage to her new home. It handled it fine.

The first nice day, I took the Goldwing out my favorite twisty road and proceeded to run down the "chicken strips" and drag my knee around some tight corners. Amazing agility and sure-footed handling for such a big bike....

The face of one of my other bikes, my 2012 ZX-10R Ninja. 203 horsepower and 361 lbs (dry), this is a whole different type of ride (and not nearly as comfortable).

My Ninja and my friend's new Ducati Panigale out in Lake County, Florida, looking for some twisty road fun...

My toys... A big turbo Mazdaspeed 3, my ZX-10R, and my then (now my girlfriend's) Honda CBR.

Speaking of my girlfriend, she is track-day junkie as well. Here she is getting her suspension tuned at our favorite shop in Orlando- Cycle Pro

It's not uncommon to find her pulling her bike in my house and tearing it down, installing new gofast goodies. I came home to find her installing a new Leo Vince exhaust...

Two of the groups of people I ride with. I'm in the black/white Alpinestars jacket...

Relaxing on the side of the road after a friend ran his 30k Ducati "Sp" into the water. We drug it out with a rope :(.... He is in the red/black Ducati jacket, smiling with a compound fracture of his tib/fib.

Picking my little guy up at the bus stop...

Anyways, thanks for having me and I look forward to learning more about my new set of wheels.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the Forum .... Nice looking Wing ... in fact your entire stable of bikes look awesome. I'd say you're partial to the color RED :)

Enjoy the miles on the Wing it will be quite a contrast to your other bikes.

Donnie

·
Registered
690 Posts
I hope you don't put that nice lookin wing in the water. You'll need a bigger rope. Welcome to the board

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Welcome to the forum and may I be the first to comment on your girlfriend...MARRY HER before someone else does...:bow:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Is that Ormond Loop?

Welcome. Nice to see so many new riders joining the forum. We lived in Ormond Beach and then Orlando for a couple of years and really miss the evening rides to Cocoa, through Merritt Island, along A1A to Flagler Beach. We will be back in Ormond Beach for bike week -- looking forward to riding our favorites again soon.

Was that picture of your buddy's Ducati along Ormond Loop?

And who doesn't love a woman that parks bikes in the house?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Congrats on owning the world's supreme touring bike and Welcome to the Forum!!

·
Banned
792 Posts
Nice looking rides you have along with a nice looking girlfriend that likes to do the same. I just want to ad that it looks to me like you need to work out a little bit. :bow:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have spent a little time reading through some of the many (and diverse!) posts on this forum! I'm loving it, thank you so much for the warm welcome thus far!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome aboard!
Thank you, it's very nice to be here. Great board for sure!

welcome..nice rides for sure
jer
Thank you!

Welcome to the Forum .... Nice looking Wing ... in fact your entire stable of bikes look awesome. I'd say you're partial to the color RED :)

Enjoy the miles on the Wing it will be quite a contrast to your other bikes.

Donnie
Thanks Donnie,

Ironically, red is my least favorite color, but most of my cars and bikes workout that way. It's too the point that I have given up trying to change it, and just made red/black my thing :)

Thank you.

Welcome!!
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum and may I be the first to comment on your girlfriend...MARRY HER before someone else does...:bow:
Thanks and yes, she's a keeper!

welcome..nice rides for sure, hope to meet u on the road some time ride safe
Agreed! Thank you and be safe!

Welcome. Nice to see so many new riders joining the forum. We lived in Ormond Beach and then Orlando for a couple of years and really miss the evening rides to Cocoa, through Merritt Island, along A1A to Flagler Beach. We will be back in Ormond Beach for bike week -- looking forward to riding our favorites again soon.

Was that picture of your buddy's Ducati along Ormond Loop?

And who doesn't love a woman that parks bikes in the house?
Thank you! Agreed, when I came home and she had pulled her bike in my house and had the plastics ripped off (next to a laptop and a youtube video) I realized I was in love.
That wreck was actually at Ozello Trail, which I believe is the twistiest road in Florida.

Congrats on owning the world's supreme touring bike and Welcome to the Forum!!
Thank you. I didn't think that Goldwings were my style. Since receiving it, I have put 1800 miles on it and ZERO on the other bikes. It's that good and unique IMO.

Thank you!

Nice looking rides you have along with a nice looking girlfriend that likes to do the same. I just want to ad that it looks to me like you need to work out a little bit. :bow:
I try to. Thank you for the compliments!

·
Registered
145 Posts
That wreck was actually at Ozello Trail, which I believe is the twistiest road in Florida.

We have been in the area several times -- will have to go back and find this trail.

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
Welcome from Clearwater. Hope Dad has a chance of getting better. Enjoy the Wing.

Check out the Florida board. Stop by and introduce yourself at a RTE around the state. Bring your wallet. Newbies buy!

Sent from iPhone

1 - 20 of 40 Posts