GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new to me 2015 last week, it will be a stable mate to my 1400 Concours & my DL 1000. Plan to only ride the wing when the wife is traveling with me as she normally rides the C14 with me now but it's getting up in miles. Hopefully she loves the wing & wants to ride more!

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I start figuring this beast out.

I do want to find some OEM foot pegs so I can remove the mini floorboards if anyone has some to sell.

I'm located in central Arkansas.

·
IronMan
19,218 Posts
WELCOME TO FORUM AND WING . USED TO BE A ROGERS AND A HARRISON RIDE IN THERE . NO ROGERS THIS YEAR NOT SURE ON HARRISON

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Welcome aboard, ride west young man, ride west!

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and miles of smiles 😃

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes, appears this will be a good place to be. Have already had a gracious offer for driver foot pegs.

I drug this bike home from S. GA. a week ago & we took it out for a short 120-mile ride yesterday afternoon for the 1st time. The wife likes it a lot as she's used to traveling on the C14 with no trunk just a small backrest & very small passenger foot pegs. She does think she'll want arm rest though. For me it'll take a little getting used too it does handle & run better than expected. Peg scraping was a bit of an issue, I did come home & set preload to the very max from 19 where it was. We'll see how that does next ride even though a full Monty setup is in the future once I get over paying for the bike. The very low seat height feels strange at stops, my other bikes are tall. The mini footboards are differently not for me nor was the drivers backrest. Backrest is already off & anxiously waiting on OEM foot pegs.

Overall I think I'll like it, just need to get all maintenance current & fresh.

Cliff

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Hi neighbor, post us up some pictures. I think you're going to like it here, lots of great guys and gals.

I'm in Russellville, hope to see you in the hills soon! (y)(y)

·
Premium Member
2003 GL1800
2,557 Posts
Welcome from Idaho's East side!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Welcome from S. Texas. Come on down and enjoy the heat this summer!!! Only joking. Come in the spring or the fall when the weather is much more cooperative and even in the winter where we can still ride year round about 95% of the time. Fine looking machine you got there. Glad you have a partner that enjoys riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts