GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, my name is Tim and I live in Athens. Just got a 2003 GL1800 with 23,000 on it from a guy in Celina. I've been riding a Harley touring model the last 3 years or so. I first rode a Yamaha 250 back when I was 16 (1973!) but it was stolen when I was in college in Minneapolis-St.Paul in 1979. Didn't get back into riding until my divorce in 2010 allowed me more free time and "unrestricted" income. I still have the Harley and a Yamaha Tmax 500 cc scooter but will try to get rid of both of those.

I've seen some of your comments to some of my posts elsewhere on GL1800Riders but thought I should intro myself since Bullet Bob has been kind enough to invite me to this area of the forum. If I did things right, my bike's picture should be attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts

Reactions: Drair

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Welcome to the board. That's a nice looking Wing (yep, the picture thingy worked!). I hope to see you and it at an RTE or three in the next few months!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome aboard,i’am just up the road form Athens, in perry county. I’am in
Athens several times a year for Larry’s dog house .

·
Registered
652 Posts
Welcome from the other side of the state, my first bike was also a 250 Yamaha when I started riding back in the early 70's, I think it was a '68. Hope to see on the road, maybe at a RTE,

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Welcome to the Ohio Board Tim. I am just outside of Portsmouth. I hope to see at a RTE sometime in the future. Feel free to jump in anytime and make a comment or start a new thread. If the RTE's are where you can't make them due to the day of the week or time. Feel free to set up a RTE at a location and time you like. If we can make it we will be there. We usually like to go to The Boondocks BBQ & Grill in McConnelsville, OH. about once a year. That is probably about an hour north of you.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Welcome from the shores of Lake Erie. We try to get down to SE Ohio several times each summer for long weekends. Many great roads in your area.

Nice looking ride too !

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I,m located just outside of Jackson Oh, so not far from you. If you can try and make to a rte and the swap meet.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Hey Tim, glad to see that you could make it! I just posted a RTE, maybe you can check it out? Again, welcome!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome from the other side of the river. I believe there is another board member who lives in Athens, a Bill Weaver. Both his name and board name.[/QUOTE)
Yup, just tuned in...Welcome Tim. I live up the road in Nelsonville, and work in Athens. Nice looking machine you have there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts