GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

Joining GL1800 Riders, as I bought a 2012 yesterday.

It's currently located in the Orlando FL area and I will be going next week to take possession of it.
I live in Lancaster County PA and will be riding it back home from the dealership.

This is my first Goldwing, although I am the caretaker (and occasional rider) of a 2003 GL1800 Trike.

My existing ride is a 1999 Valkyrie Interstate with 177K miles on it.
I'm looking forward to all of the bells and whistles of the Wing.
It's got incredibly low miles on it, but I fully intend to change that.

I'm looking forward to spending time researching this (new to me) bike with the help of this forum.

Allan

·
IronMan
17,634 Posts
WELCOME NEXT WEEK IN SOMMERSET PA IS DARKSIDER RTE . HURRY BACK HOME :wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new ride!!! Lancaster is a beautiful place to ride and has plenty of places to stop for ice cream!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum brother! I am planning to ride the Northeast next year. Safe travels!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brought my new (to me) Goldwing home.
Super happy with it. The ride is incredibly smooth.
Did 1051 miles breaking it in, to get it to the barn.
Need to do a couple little things to make it "mine", but it's a super nice ride.
It had less than 2K miles on it, when I picked it up.
It will have well over 100K (or 200K or 300K), when I get rid of it.

Allan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi to the new guy in PA
Like you I just joined and also my first Goldwing as a recently new rider as well.

I purchased a 15 Goldwing with 2227 miles, brand new.

I go through Lancaster almost every week since I attend Manheim Auto Auction. Being from Delaware it's a two hour ride. Have done some great riding in PA, and planning a Road trip to Route 6 possibly on the 21st an 22nd.

If interested will be traveling with two othe CMA guys, let me know. Sounds like your a veteran rider with 177k on your last Honda I'd say you have seen some fine rides.

Welcome to the Forum
Dan
The Blink

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new wheels. I'm from your neck of the woods...sent you a PM with more info.

·
Registered
110 Posts
All,

Joining GL1800 Riders, as I bought a 2012 yesterday.

It's currently located in the Orlando FL area and I will be going next week to take possession of it.
I live in Lancaster County PA and will be riding it back home from the dealership.

This is my first Goldwing, although I am the caretaker (and occasional rider) of a 2003 GL1800 Trike.

My existing ride is a 1999 Valkyrie Interstate with 177K miles on it.
I'm looking forward to all of the bells and whistles of the Wing.
It's got incredibly low miles on it, but I fully intend to change that.

I'm looking forward to spending time researching this (new to me) bike with the help of this forum.

Allan
Uh oh, this could be a problem... LOL! Cause i just bought a red 2012 a few weeks ago, and I live in Lancaster PA as well.:laugh: My first Goldwing, and I put 1000 miles on it just riding around here. Well, around here, Tamaqua, Rock Hall for lunch one day, etc.
I guess we may need to meet up sometime.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All,
Thanks for the welcome.

Bald Yoda,
My recommendation is that we start adding stuff (chrome, gadgets, etc) to our bikes, so that we do not get them confused in a parking lot.
I can already hear that conversation with my wife, when she finds me looking through the Kuryakyn catalog.

Allan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts