GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking the site for about year. I currently have a Suzuki M109 and been on the fence for a while about getting a wing. Test rode a 2012 today, it rode good. I have to get used to the seating position, shifter, and rear brake pedal. Wanted to buy it but while inspecting it I found the entire bottom of engine covered with a greasy/oily film. Dealer tech says it was oil residue from oil change but I don't agree with that answer. I'll keep looking and hopefully will find a wing soon.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome from North Central Texas, Chilly Rock. The market is flooded with good used scooters now. Take your time and do your homework and you'll find what your looking for. My advice is don't buy anything less than a Level 3 with ABS. Much safer in an emergency and much, much easier to sell someday. Bikes with loads of accessories can be found and accessories are relatively inexpensive when purchasing on a used bike, especially from a motivated seller.

Johnny S

PM me your location if you're anywhere close to me.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Houston area.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Welcome from the San Antonio area as well!!! What part of Texas you in?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Great!! Hope you enjoy your visits to the board. Lot of nice people and lots of knowledge here!!!

I have family in Sealy, so I get down that way occasionally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts