GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined today as a new Goldwing owner.

Just purchased privately a nearly new 2015 GL1800 Wing. This ride had only 2225 miles, being a garage kept bike. I wasn't partial to black, but the miles and equipment sold me. I can always do some custom work once I get use to this machine.

I have been riding a 07 VTX1800T TOURING bike so the Goldwing was next step up. Only have had bike for a week and managed to put 300 miles on it. I am five foot eight and I just barely am flat footed at a stop. Ive ordered me a new pair of boots which might give me another half inch lift.

I just started riding motorcycles last May of 18 and have logged in over 16k on two bikes. Wife has refused to ride until now. She is now entertaining the Goldwing since she says it looks more safe and comfortable. I have to get adapted to this bike first before a thought of a passenger.

Well that's my introduction and hope to participate actively on the site. The site was recommended by a current user.

Later,
Dan

I

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome, the GL is a comfy ride for your lady, my wife loves it.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! I'm 5'8" myself, so tip toeing was how I started. The boots should help, as it doesn't take much, and technique makes a world of difference, especially at slow speed. I don't want to preach, but there are things you can do to lower the bike which makes a night and day difference in the way she handles for those of us of shorter stature. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome to the asylum. A staff psychiatrist will be assigned to you shortly.>:)
You'll have to wait your turn, there figuring out the psyc drugs for me. The placebo worked last time, they told me to go for a ride.

:capwin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Texas area. Safe travels!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, really appreciate your kind words and the crazies are funny.

I went for a third run today with a fellow CMA rider. After installing new floorboards with up/down shifter we encountered some issues, found that the kit did not have a needful nylon bushing to replace the rubber on the shift peg. The rubber was binding, so we put some lube on it and now she is shifting perfectly.

So a new bushing made of nylon is the must get item. A fellow Goldwing owner found the issue as his footboard had the correct nylon bushing and he never had a downshift hang up.

Waiting for my new boots for that extra half inch rise. I am really enjoying the Goldwing ride, it is so smooth in the corners and after 400 miles i am feeling more at ease on the bike.

Again thanks and hope to participate on the board. Just bear with me since im a newbie and will need to find out how the topics get placed and seen.

Dan
The Blink, formerly Blinker. but now the Goldwing has self canceling signals, I am now Blink.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hello Dan, welcome from South Texas. Hope you find lots of useful information and farkles to add to your new Wing. I wasn't too fond of the black at first either, but my '07 is the Nebulous Black color of the time and I've grown to really enjoy it. Lots' of add-ons now showing up in black as well. Ride safe!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts