GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been snooping around here watching & listening for a while. I sure have enjoyed every minute of it. I just bought a 08 GL1800 MotorTrike (New Fastback Kit) from Tony Harris at Harris Auto in Hazelgreen, AL. I just want to say a special thanks to Tony for building me a great trike that we will truly enjoy. This is our first Goldwing & first trike. We have road Harleys before.

Thanks to all of you for the humor & great info you all bring to this forum everyday.

Swayne

Attachments

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Welcome Swayne. Don't be a stranger.

Looks like you have already put a custom seat on the trike??

Also looks like you have your act together. I see you have the better half washing your truck. You are quite the "operator".:bow::bow:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Nice looking rig....:congrats::congrats:

Welcome to the board and the three world......enjoy and ride safe....

I will not comment on the washing....I may meet her one day and I have all the knots I need......:eek:4::cool:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Beautiful Motor Trike. Welcome.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great looking rig. I don't know what the fastback kit is but maybe you can show some more pictures so I can get it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Swayne,

Hope you like your new trike. Its a little different ride from a regular 2 wheeler but its a lot more fun.

I have the 2008 Gl 1800 in Pearl White with a Motortrike and the Aquawings also. I have discovered that it needs the Baker Trike Wings to keep the bugs off the rear fenders, and the Baker Air Wings to keep the air off the wife. Helps cut down on the noise thru the intercom also. I added some drink cup holders from M&J and both driver and passenger floorboard pegs from Kurykan along with a backrest from Markland.

Lots of things to think about once you get to riding one and want a little more comfort.

Enjoy the trike and I think you will also enjoy this board. Seems like a good bunch of people with helpful information.

See ya
Rip

·
Registered
539 Posts
Swayne, :congrats: on your new trike. You're going to love it. :thumbup:

How does the fastback differ? If you're ever over Albertville way let me know. Maybe we could meet for a ride or at least a cup of coffee and a chat. Nice looking trike, now just :biker: :biker: :biker: but safely. Doc

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have been snooping around here watching & listening for a while. I sure have enjoyed every minute of it. I just bought a 08 GL1800 MotorTrike (New Fastback Kit) from Tony Harris at Harris Auto in Hazelgreen, AL. I just want to say a special thanks to Tony for building me a great trike that we will truly enjoy. This is our first Goldwing & first trike. We have road Harleys before.

Thanks to all of you for the humor & great info you all bring to this forum everyday.

Swayne
thank you for all the kind words. hope you love your trike .
again thanks tony :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Great looking Trike Swayne. This is a great bunch of folks here to hang with. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Congrats: Now you will have to post some pictures of the new rear end so we can all see what it looks like :yes1:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the welcoming!!!

Thank you all for the kind welcomes!!!! I will post somemore pics soon on the rear of the fastback for you that want to see the new kit. Tharris811 can tell you more about it than I can. He built it!!!

Thanks again,
SWAYNE:doorag:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
No I believe that is a standard Spyder rear end. The Fastback has a Larger door??? :shrug:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is correct, the new fastback kit has a larger trunk door. I will take pics tonight & post in the morning.:doorag:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
:congrats: Swayne!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats

I know you will just love your new Motor Trike. Welcome. The new ride will of course come with a frequent visit from UPS and FEDEX... So be prepared.:p

By the way I just bought a set of Aqua-Rugs custom fit for my Motor Trike Floorboards and they not only look GREAT, it feels wonderful on the feet! You might like to try them at LINE-X-TRUCKS-N-STUFF.COM. Ask for the $39.95 TRI special. I think they retail for $69.95.

Goto http://www.bedrug.com/experience/movie-acid.php to view all about the product.

GOD Bless and Ride Safe my friend!

·
Registered
161 Posts
:congrats::congrats::congrats: Nice looking trike......:thumbup:. No go out there and ride:trike:. Be safe!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aqua-Rugs

Anion, I pm you about the Aqua-Rugs

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New Motortrike Fastback Kit

New Fastback trunk:doorag: