GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

One month ago I joined this Forum, and you all helped me make that decision to buy a new 2021, ( after my wife said go buy it, This was not even in my plans ) . Then we had to wait, which was tough but ok it was too hot anyhow. ...

Picked up bike ( Carolina Honda Powerhouse in Columbia SC) Tuesday 5 days ago, even with rain getting in the way . I have almost 900 miles as of last night .
I did a solo 500 mile round trip ride to Six Gaps in Ga. yesterday, I had so much fun, Resting today, I'm amazed at almost 68 years old, how good I feel today. This bike is amazing.

Quick History . First bike 1974, Kawi F11 250 on -off road dirt bike & 2 more of same bikes new for Wife & I , First road bike 76 Yamaha 650 Twin, then inline 78 650 4 Kawi, Can am175 , Used Husky 250 CR, Two KDX's - 175 & 200 ( enduro Days ) , 98 & 2000 Ninja ZR 600's ( start of sport bike years ) , 2001 Aprilia Futura ( first Sport Tour bike ) ,2002 Aprilia RSV, ( my last true sport bike ) , Then used 2007 Honda ST 1300 around 2014-15 ? - 47 years later including 7 bikes for my son ( 1978-1988 M/X years ) , and NOW this being my 15Th motorcycle.

So much fun in a few short days.

My head is spinning trying to figure all the electronics out, Thursday trip to dealer and some more help with set up. ( Tuesday as I was picking up we had T storms ) so off I went riding my first miles in the rain home. Thursday Got iPhone paired to bike & Sena's paired to bike, know how to use iPhone for Music, on Bike speakers or in Helmet so cool never had this, slowly learning things, got Home home yesterday on NAV ( go home all I know so far ) , so much to figure out there. ... Trip to Ga I did old school with sticky notes.

Again thanks to all of you for letting me be part of this Group,

Steve
Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I can figure out all the electronic stuff. I just can't remember on Wednesday what I figured out on Tuesday.

Welcome from Los Angeles!

·
Registered
254 Posts
<snip>
...5 days ago, even with rain getting in the way . I have almost 900 miles as of last night .
<snip>
Again thanks to all of you for letting me be part of this Group,

Steve View attachment 389500
Welcome to the club! I got mine 8 days ago, also my first Goldwing, and I've "only" got 500 miles on it. Clearly, I need to get in the game!!! 😝

I can figure out all the electronic stuff. I just can't remember on Wednesday what I figured out on Tuesday.
Ha-ha. TRUTH!!!

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
Scarlett (2015 GL1800 HPNMF), KITT (2021 GL1800D)
152 Posts
I bought my 2015 from Carolina Honda. Purchased my 21 local here in Augusta. Maybe we could ride sometime. I still have a job so ride time for me is limited.

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
54 Posts
Enjoy the bike. I can not skip a nice day without riding mine. Its like therapy for me with this bike. The engine sounds like a speed boat on calm ocean and probably because of the DCT which is first for me. I am use to Shift Asist on my K1600, but not like the DCT. Burn the miles and have fun. Happy and safe riding.....!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,969 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Let the miles of smiles begin.
Feel free to ask questions. We're really a friendly group.
I'm from Grand Rapids, Michigan.

·
Registered
2021 Red/Black Goldwing Tour DCT
741 Posts
Welcome and congratulations Steve..It will take some time in the seat to figure it all out.
Goud luck with the new Wing (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts