GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading the board for a few weeks now and decided to join. What a great place to get information and exchange ideas.

I just go married this September and the wife decided she needed a better seat than the pillion on the Concours, so we decided to upgrade to a new GL1800. She didn't have to twist my arm very hard :lol:. I have a couple of hundred miles on it and I really am very happy with it. Now, the big problem is the number of goodies and options that are available--wow! :shock: Much like my friends who have Harleys, I now need a chrome and accessories budget.

Anyway, there's one more Orange GL1800 in northern Virginia.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
CHRIS
Welcome aboard i saw the 07 orange last week sure is a pretty color. Me and a friend have a ride planned up your way next week.

·
Registered
178 Posts
"I have been reading the board for a few weeks now and decided to join."

You mean you STILL decided to join it after reading it for while??

Congratulations on the new Goldwing. I hope it brings you and the wife nothing but happiness. I love that new orange color.
And don't worry about those friends with Harleys, everyone on here can talk about Harley's too, without a single negative comment.

:roll:

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I know someone that doesn't like the orange color.....but it ain't me. Look forward to seeing you on the road. :yes1:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,190 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on the new ride! I recommend the Muth Signal mirrors from Custom Dynamics. They look like normal mirrors but have the turn signal LEDs in them like SUVs have. I get compliments on them all the time. Ride Safe. :D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Chris & the Mrs.,

Welcome aboard. Let the (S)miles pile up. Your "New Wing" is sweet. Wear it in good health and tons of fun!

Bulldog

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
I like the 07 orange

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forums and to the wonderful world of Wings.

Just say no to chrome.

It will save you money and time polishing later. :D

Dep

·
Registered
37 Posts
welcome to the site and to the wonderful world of wings...and remember that buying a motorcycle is just a downpayment on the accessories. ENJOY!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
From one new VA member to another - Welcome!

We aren't very far from each other. I usually take rt 55 when going for a ride on the Skyline Drive. On the way back I have lunch sometimes at the Marshall Diner.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Haymarket, your right down the road from me.

Our group is plannimg a fall colors ride sat you are invited as well as anyone else in the area. We are not a slow group like many other clubs. We are also pretty good at formation ridding.

Not sure of the route yet.

I am planning on going to Seneca rocks on Monday if any one else is interested.

http://mysite.verizon.net/heanue/gwrra_va_y/

P

·
0 Posts
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the board and the grinning world of the Wing. The bike will amaze you and your SO to the point where you'll probably put off stuff like taking out the garbage, picking up and throwing away the garbage and making the garbage in the first place.
Yes, sir, the Honda GoldWing. A hygene course in tupperware. :p

Many happy miles on the new two to ya.

Pat :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rt. 55 in VA

katchunk said:
From one new VA member to another - Welcome!

We aren't very far from each other. I usually take rt 55 when going for a ride on the Skyline Drive. On the way back I have lunch sometimes at the Marshall Diner.
Yes, Rt. 55 is a very nice road--clearly the best way to get to the nearest far-away place. Hardly any traffic, though urban sprawl is creeping out that way. There are tons of really nice back roads once you get away from the NOVA-DC metro area.

While breakfast is okay at the Marshall Diner, we have found the food is much better at the Old Salem restaurant (also in Marshall). Also, if you go farther out, the Apple House restaurant near Front Royal has homemade style apple donuts and really good BBQ.

Cheers--Chris

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hennigm4 said:
Haymarket, your right down the road from me.

Our group is plannimg a fall colors ride sat you are invited as well as anyone else in the area. We are not a slow group like many other clubs. We are also pretty good at formation ridding.

Not sure of the route yet.

I am planning on going to Seneca rocks on Monday if any one else is interested.

http://mysite.verizon.net/heanue/gwrra_va_y/
We will be baby sitting the grandchildren at some point on Saturday, but I think that may be later in the day. So we may try to head out with the group, then break off early to scoot back. I will let you know once we know the timing.

Coming off of a ZG1000, my pace isn't slow, but you may be familiar with the saying, "The older I get, the faster I was." :lol:

Seneca Rocks on Monday would be fun, sadly I am still working for a living…

Chris

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Welcome Chris. I got my first look at the 07 Orange two days ago and it is beautiful. Enjoy the heck out of it!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Welcome to the fun and bein' in Virginia ya got many, many ways to go on some awesome roads. :wink:
Down South here we have NC just a few miles away and goin' out west towarsd BRP. We usually don't above Fredricksburg much, we'll head that way and then hang a left out into the wide open fun areas.

:flg:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Redneck Dave said:
8)

Welcome to the fun and bein' in Virginia ya got many, many ways to go on some awesome roads. :wink:
Down South here we have NC just a few miles away and goin' out west towarsd BRP. We usually don't above Fredricksburg much, we'll head that way and then hang a left out into the wide open fun areas.

:flg:
Hey Dave,

My wife grew up in Currituck (just south of you). She says they teach the 3 R's in Virginia schools: Reading, W(r)iting, and the Road to NC!!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts