GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just became a new member a few days ago and am saying hello.
I have a 2004 black cherry goldwing on order and should be in around middle of Feb. This appears to be a great group!

·
Registered
40 Posts
John W....
I don't think your being overlooked.....no response yet...'cept mine...
WELCOME ABOARD THA' BOARD !
Get that B C // GL and while your waiting and having Cabin Fever...check out this site...
Check out California and see why we rack up 20-30 thousand miles per year....! :bow:
www.pashnit.com
Lets ride em' !

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Welcome aboard the board.

You have found the site with great people and discussion on the 1800 wing

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome! I'm sure you will love the bike.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Welcome

And Congrats on your new ride. Yes, pretty good group here.
You will have access to a lot of knowledge, and even an opinion or two.
First wing or a trade-up?

Let the good times begin. But, in Indiana, you may have to wait a few degrees. lol.....

Harry and Carol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi John,

Welcome. I'm with ya..........a new member here and have an order on an 04 White GL. Really hard to contain since the test ride.......one more fine, do everything well, machine.

Great folks and info here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have always ridden Harleys and was coerced by a friend to try out his 2003 goldwing. That did it for me. Most of my riding is long distance. I rode a 2002 Ultra Classic to Colorado last summer and had trouble with it. I've bought six new HD's over the last twelve years and have had trouble with each one. Some ills wre minor, some were major. My Goldwing friends put unbelievable miles on their rides with very few problems. Dealer response is also impressive, compared to HD's. I'm hooked!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
JW.

Welcome, you are going to start a stir when your bike gets in. Lots of folks waiting for the Black Cherry.

Jump in, have lots of fun, and keep us straight. Get all the (S)miles that you can out of your new Steed.

Bulldog

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've heard some horror stories about the long wait on black cherry wings.
I hope i avoid that. So far my dealer is saying early Feb. is not a problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
John, Welcome to the group. I have found this board to be extremely informative and friendly. Hope you get you bike soon and that the weather cooperates for some early rides. SLIDE

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
WELCOME :yes:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Welcome, John!

Make sure you post some good quality close-up pictures of your new bike when it comes in - I'd love to see that color!

You'll find this is the best group of people around. Just take some time and read some of the messages here - go back through some of the older pages so you get a good grasp of who these people are, and what they'll do for you. You'll be amazed what a group of strangers will do for you.

They helped our family through some rough times last week when my mother passed away, and most of them have never even met me - my family was amazed at what a great group of people these are.

Welcome to the family, and I'm glad that you've moved from the "Dark Side" :lol:

I hope you can hang on until your new ride shows up - that must be hard.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts