GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
With all the posts going on about the coronavirus, and being splattered all over the place, what do you guys think about asking the higher pay-scale guys to start a new sub-board? With all the closings and eventually re-openings, maybe a one-stop listing might be the way to go, at least until things start returning to normal?
Nope.

Why not?

You don't think every other forum out there isn't dealing with the same sorts of issues? :rolleyes:

Current closure data is easily found by a few seconds of Google. I just cancelled an upcoming weekend to NM, because the folks we were going to meet up with have some health concerns - more so that my wife and I.

This forum - or any forum - isn't going to be a real-time source of data on this.

Consider this - post a bulletin 'any threads about Covid-19 are to go to the off-topic area' and are not welcome in the General forum.

Might make your mod task easier, not harder. ;)

·
Administrator
339 Posts
Nope.

Why not?

You don't think every other forum out there isn't dealing with the same sorts of issues? :rolleyes:

Current closure data is easily found by a few seconds of Google. I just cancelled an upcoming weekend to NM, because the folks we were going to meet up with have some health concerns - more so that my wife and I.

This forum - or any forum - isn't going to be a real-time source of data on this.

Consider this - post a bulletin 'any threads about Covid-19 are to go to the off-topic area' and are not welcome in the General forum.

Might make your mod task easier, not harder. ;)
Covid-19 related posts/threads are already being moved to Off Topic Area.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
It's off topic. Putting it in Off Topic makes sense to me. I'm not making light of the situation but I'm tired of seeing it everywhere. :confused:

·
Registered
578 Posts
R
I had the SAME situation, I was a one man team, heating & plumbing...24 hours a day/365 days a year......... for approx 28 years... Plus I also worked for the city bus company full time doing mechanics and driving when they needed me too....for 20 years also........ I sold my business, retired from the bus company, @ 69 yrs old now and love my retirement.......

Ronnie
Ronnie, you've had an interesting life career, lots of hard work, so now you enjoy. I don't come to this forum much anymore but saw this from you, thought I'd give you a quick comment. Be safe my friend.
Bill

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
With all the posts going on about the coronavirus, and being splattered all over the place, what do you guys think about asking the higher pay-scale guys to start a new sub-board? With all the closings and eventually re-openings, maybe a one-stop listing might be the way to go, at least until things start returning to normal?
Me Likeee (y)

·
Registered
244 Posts
If it's like all the other motorcycle forums I frequent, all the corona-virus threads invariably have turned political so only hope that doesn't happen on this site..one of the few that isn't full of just total argumentative bickering.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
We already have a forum for each state. Largely unused.

I, too, project the main effects of a new forum are to:
1) give the mods someplace to move threads to when they are posted in other forums.
2) distance and sterilize the conversation from interactions with the broader readership and postership

I tend to believe less is more. And will stop saying more here.

Hope I'm wrong. It's been to known to happen!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Do you really think creating 50 new boards is the answer? I can’t wait to see that list.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
By all means that would be great!

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
If you've ever seen me working with a computer......well it's a scary sight. But I've been able to blunder my way through the bowels of our webpage and actually make a new sub-board. Didn't know we lowly mods could do it. But, COVID-19 is now up. This is going to be a work-in-progress guys, if you understand what I'm trying to say.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
If you have washed your hands really well in the last hour, and have not touch anything or come into contact with any planetary living creature, I 'll be willing to read your post

21 - 40 of 49 Posts