GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Here is praying to God that everyone stays healthy and this horrible virus is defeated ASAP so our country can get back to normal.
Amen!

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I'll probably never be 100% confirmed, but mid-February, both my wife and I had an illness very, very much like what's been described as Covid-19.

Thus, I'm 'embracing the bug', and providing that sage advice "do as I say, not as I do."

Every time you see it, do as what's been described by google as "Do the 5"

1 HANDS Wash them often
2 ELBOW Cough into it
3 FACE Don't touch it
4 SPACE Keep safe distance
5 HOME Stay if you can

Now, back to your regular insanity. :giggle:

·
Love The DCT
11,447 Posts
I'll probably never be 100% confirmed, but mid-February, both my wife and I had an illness very, very much like what's been described as Covid-19.

Thus, I'm 'embracing the bug', and providing that sage advice "do as I say, not as I do."

Every time you see it, do as what's been described by google as "Do the 5"

1 HANDS Wash them often
2 ELBOW Cough into it
3 FACE Don't touch it
4 SPACE Keep safe distance
5 HOME Stay if you can

Now, back to your regular insanity. :giggle:
I’ll go with the CDC recommendations before Googles. Instead of coughing into your elbow, latest guidelines from CDC is this:

Cover your coughs and sneezes
  • Cover: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
  • Dispose: Throw used tissues in a lined trash can.
  • Wash hands: Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.

·
Registered
19,950 Posts
It is already done, so probably a moot point, but I am going to go against the flow here and say that a separate board is a bad idea.

First, social media is typically full of misinformation and unfounded rumors. The new forum will just be an extension of that.

Second, this is a strange and very stressful time. These SIG groups should remain a place where people can seek out a departure from the anxiety for at least a little while and talk about something else. Every media outlet is already devoting incredible amounts of time to reporting on the virus. How much more do you need?

Personally, my advice is to stay away from the new forum for the sake of your own mental health and just talk about motorcycles. That is what I am going to do. There is nothing new that can be learned there.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
It is already done, so probably a moot point, but I am going to go against the flow here and say that a separate board is a bad idea.

First, social media is typically full of misinformation and unfounded rumors. The new forum will just be an extension of that.

Second, this is a strange and very stressful time. These SIG groups should remain a place where people can seek out a departure from the anxiety for at least a little while and talk about something else. Every media outlet is already devoting incredible amounts of time to reporting on the virus. How much more do you need?

Personally, my advice is to stay away from the new forum for the sake of your own mental health and just talk about motorcycles. That is what I am going to do. There is nothing new that can be learned there.
Larry, you know no one is gonna listen to us...:sneaky:

·
Registered
674 Posts
The border is locked-up to "recreational" traffic. International flights out of Canada are verboten. I'm in Canada and bike in Delaware...what a stupid decision in hind-sight. When am I going to be joined with my gal?...and my uninstalled INNOVV K2? Alas, Parting is NOT such sweet sorrow! It's just plain old sour sorrow!!!!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts

Well said. I agree 100%. I hate that's it's on the top so it's the first thing I see. I wish we could block individual forums... (n) o_O

41 - 49 of 49 Posts