GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at my trusty dealer last night having power outlet installed I asked the service mananger and GM (soon to own their own Dealership) when I can expect E3's in. They replied "ask the man himself" Apparently a tire rep was there and said "no time soon, maybe after Jan. ('07 I assume!) He then went on to say I should go with the 880 to which I replied "It gave me the shakes in '03" and he said that Metzler is coming out with a "new 880 front that won't do that" he said they won't be making any claims to such but that you should get one if you ask your dealer to order you a new one and not take a current one. He said there is no other way to tell.
Just FYI do with it what you will, me I'm ordering when after my 3k mile ride to NH from GA next week.
Oh yeah, my thanks to the uniouns who are always looking out for the best interest of the workers and overall health of the company and not their own power.

Steve

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Steve, That is interesting news. I wonder when it would be safe to order a set and be sure its the new compound? I have to say I have a Metzler on my rear and it is smooth as glass. The best wearing, best wet/dry grip tire I have had on the bike yet.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I had Metz on my 1500, and wow what a ride!

·
Registered
501 Posts
daddysbike said:
he said that Metzler is coming out with a "new 880 front that won't do that"
Steve
I heard the same thing from my local Honda dealer. I just kind of blew it off and thought it was just BS.
Maybe not :?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I put Metzlers on the front and back and they are great. Even in the rain. I don't need the E3's.

·
Registered
906 Posts
just put the brand new metzs on

my metzs r stunning screw a dunlop never a again

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
If you don't want to wait for the new Metzelers, just get a set of Avons and you'll be happy. I am. :lol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Metzlers

Now it all makes sense.

This summer when I had to replace my Metzler tires after only 700 miles, with E3's, I contacted Metzler for a replacement of the faulty tires.

They have sent me a replacement rear tire but have not yet sent a replacement for the front tire.

They must be waiting for the new tire to come off the production line.

I guess there is still hope to get a set of Metzlers that don't wobble the bike off of the road.

G

·
The new version of the front has been out for a little while. It can be spotted by the special mark shown in the photo. Nothing on the rear.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
That must be real old news. My Metzler in the basement that I have had for over 6 months has that on it.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
The new version of the front has been out for a little while. It can be spotted by the special mark shown in the photo. Nothing on the rear.

......Hello BOTH my metz have the G on the sidewall !!!!!!!! I would just like a rear that doesnt come apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....chuck

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm on my second set of Metz tires, and still no wobble....runs smooth and true, and sticks like glue!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts