GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Ironbutt Ken said:
Just ordered a set of new Metzler tires for my 1800 from Hal. $307.00 Can't beat the price.
Unfortunately, $307 can be beat. I can name 2 vendors, that can beat that price. I'm needing tires also, and just researched this last week.

One can do it for $287 delivered, and the other for $300 delivered.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Actually, if you read the "fine print" on the front page of the GL1800 store, you'll see we beat a price (verifiable) by 5%!

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Closetchef said:
Actually, if you read the "fine print" on the front page of the GL1800 store, you'll see we beat a price (verifiable) by 5%!
Anyone who wants the vendors that I received the pricing from, please send me a PM, and I'll pass them along to you.

An extra 5% off?... Sure! Thanks for reminding us, Chef! :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
One site I went to could beat the price, but couldn't deliver the goods.
You know the saying, if they don't have it, it's free. lol!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Metzler vs Avon

No doubt Metzler is a good tire but some of us who are "up in the years" so to speak, remember Avon being a good tire... a little more expensive but I like them... so much so both the 1800 and the 1.8 VTX wear them. As for the cost difference between the two, not sure a few bucks is something to worry about when one's life rests on two wheels.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'll be buying my next set of tires from the local dealer. I priced out the Meztlers and even with tax it was a few bucks less than HDL. Plus if anything goes wrong with a tire I'd rather deal with a local brick and morter than a strore a thousand + miles away. I did get a set of Progressive springs from Hal and saved twenty five bucks over my local dealer. Dave

·
Registered
313 Posts
Metzeler Tires

casporttouring.com has the Metzlers

$118.98 for the front tire
$153.98 for the rear tire

Shipping price depends on your location. I know that shipping to TN is just $16

Total Price $288.96

If Honda Direct will match plus 5% their price would be $274.51

·
Registered
11 Posts
tires

Update on tires would be greatly appreciated after you have ridden them a few miles. How do they handle and does the front end wobble? Stability on wet roads.

Thanks,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts