GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking of coming down from the Northern Colorado mountains to try and ride some twistys and see some new scenery if the weather permits.
Any thoughts on where to go and what weather to expect would be helpful, we will probably have four days to ride around in NM
thanks in advance

·
Registered
240 Posts
You'll enjoy the New Mexico roads, some of them are great. I don't know how you are heading down, if you are staying on I-25 you won't see much. If you cut off at Walsenburg to Ft.Garland, you come in thru Taos. The Road between Taos and Chama (I think it is hwy 64) is great,and it goes across the Gorge Bridge.

There is also good riding around Angel Fire and Red River and you can get into Taos that way also. (you cut off I-25 just south of Raton and head for Angel Fire, the signs will direct you).

I hope this helps, Do you have any specific cities area you want to ride thru?

·
Registered
224 Posts
You'll enjoy the New Mexico roads, some of them are great. I don't know how you are heading down, if you are staying on I-25 you won't see much. If you cut off at Walsenburg to Ft.Garland, you come in thru Taos. The Road between Taos and Chama (I think it is hwy 64) is great,and it goes across the Gorge Bridge.

There is also good riding around Angel Fire and Red River and you can get into Taos that way also. (you cut off I-25 just south of Raton and head for Angel Fire, the signs will direct you).

I hope this helps, Do you have any specific cities area you want to ride thru?
Couldn't have suggested a better route than this. This is a great trip, but might be a little cold. Wish I was making this trip too.:yes1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts