GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the first ride using my new Mick O Pegs that are mounted on the vertical bar. Jim sent me some parts to play with and I put together an upper peg that lets me stretch my legs out with no scraping and when my feet come off, it swings back in toward the bike [spring loaded] so it does not stick out. I have a few minor bugs to work out but not a problem. The only problem will be Jim having enough time to make a professional version as mine is makeshift. I have uploaded pictures to this site:

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/show ... 31&cat=500

Note that in the first picture, you can hardly see the pegs. I am going to like this. At some time, I will post how to put them together as I know it will probably take a long time before Jim can build them.

These do not replace the lower boards, they are another position for a change of pace.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Pretty slick. 8) What are the pro's and con's to this? More importantly to me, is this something I might want for my K/A's or will it even work with K/A's? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote="Gary in Indiana"]Pretty slick. 8) What are the pro's and con's to this? More importantly to me, is this something I might want for my K/A's or will it even work with K/A's? Thanks. :)[/quote]

Yes, Gary. I use it with my K/Ds and it can be used with any other model. Check out the pics here: [many are probably on page 2.]

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/show ... 31&cat=500

Just remember, this is put together with parts not designed specifically for this application.

The pros are having a higher peg for hard curves and for a change of position. One of the things that kept me from buying a Kury was I did not like the mounts sticking out. I know, a lot of people won't like the looks of these, but I do [or will if Jim makes a tailored set.] Right now, the cons are you have to lift your leg pretty high to get to them, but I can lower them with some other parts I have so, in the long run, I don't see any cons.

·
Registered
172 Posts
DD, this looks like something I would be interested in. You've got them sticking out far enough that I could get to them without bending my legs around the fairing. I also have not installed the Kurys because I don't want to drag any sooner in corners.

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RaT Bake said:
DD, this looks like something I would be interested in. You've got them sticking out far enough that I could get to them without bending my legs around the fairing. I also have not installed the Kurys because I don't want to drag any sooner in corners.

:rat: Bake
When I figure out the best way to do this with the parts that exist now, I'll post. I've been looking for this ever since I got my lower Micks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts