1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
136 Posts
What happen to the tail pipe? You didn't let that fine bike fall off the lift ?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Concerning the damage tail pipe, I answered about it on the post about my new lift. Here is a copy of that:

Incident occurred: HWY 302 & Purdy Drive NW, Purdy, Wa.
The damage on the right tail pipe occurred last November. When I left in the morning it was 28 degrees and I was watching the roads pretty good. That afternoon I was riding back home at 1:30 PM and it was 49 degrees and bright sunshine. As I was crossing a bridge near Purdy I noticed these strips on the pavement and immediately realized what it could be.
But at the same time the rear of the bike slide out from underneath me and down she went on the right side. I was pealed off the bike and watched it slide on down the road. Just as it was stopping the long slide the exhaust tip struck the middle physical divider causing more damage to the exhaust. The crash bars did their job, the mirrors didn't even touch the pavement. The damage would have been only to the bars if the bike hadn't made contact with the middle physical curbing in the road.
Total damage to the bike was about $2,000.00. I am still in litigation with the state concerning the damage, because of improper use of liquid de-icer on the pavement in too warm of weather.
I was able to ride her home, and still able to ride it until repairs are made.

I still believe "Every day is a good day, just same days are better than others."

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I should have mention the name of the lift during the first post. My wife purchased it from Taber's Motorcycle Repair located in Brementon, WA. The tag on the lift states: "Up Lift" from Custom Cycle Lifts, 107 Rincon Ct., San Clemente, Calif. Phone: 714-369-0751 or 888-324-9965.
Hold it, I just did a internet check and found they have a web site:
http://www.amazingproducts.com/harley/uplift/index.htm

Looks like they sell mostly to the Harley crowd, but the lift doesn't seem to know the difference. Taber's used these lifts before they installed their new lifts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts