GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 20GB Ipod I've had for about 2 years finally bit the big one. The hard drive keeps trying to spin and stops, spins and stops. The apple just keeps flashing on and off...that's about it. I picked up a 4GB Nano with the thought that the solid state memory would be more durable. I keep about 600-700 songs max in the library so it'll be big enough. It looks like Ijet makes a remote for it...about $50.00. Anyone using one of these with the Nano??

I've got a IJet that worked great with the older generation Ipod that plugs on the top and it has a rainproof wireless control. It worked great on the bike with the Ipod in the left pocket. If someone has an older Ipod that's still kicking and wants it pm me. I'll ship it to you for $10.00 for packing it up and all.

Scott

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey , I.ve been think'n about getting an Apple Nano 8 gig or a 30 gig ipod , but am concerned about what happened to you ( hard drive die'd ) . Any suggestions pro or con for Nanno or full size Apple products ?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
i have a 60 gb video ipod.. commute with it every day for most of this year, took a 2K mile trip.. no problems. keep it in trunk in a case that cushions shock, use a remote to control it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was quite satisfied with the performance of the 20G with the hard drive considering the punishment I put it through. I've heard, and agree that the best way to go is solid state memory IF you're going to utilize these things the way we do. Personally, the solid state 4G Nano suits my needs as there's probably no way I'll listen to 1000 songs on a single outing. The only drawback with the Nano is there's probably not enough memory if you are going to store videos/movies. I think the Nano functions quicker than the hard drive models.

Scott

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi,
We recently went thru the exact same thing. Check on the Apple Store site and look under refurbished ipods. They have a lot of the older models. I have had great luck with the Apple refurbished products. We also wanted one of the newer Nanos but ended up getting a refurbished mini for much less. The mini works great with the Griffin Air Click remote.

Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
JillRide9 said:
Hi,
We recently went thru the exact same thing. Check on the Apple Store site and look under refurbished ipods. They have a lot of the older models. I have had great luck with the Apple refurbished products. We also wanted one of the newer Nanos but ended up getting a refurbished mini for much less. The mini works great with the Griffin Air Click remote.

Cheers,
Jill
Speaking of air click remote, I have one for sale if anyone's interested... ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use the Nano 2g with Ijet remote.
Works perfect!!!

2 gig is more than enough for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts