GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any knowledge on the Nolan N-44 helmet need new helmet and this look like it was a great idea

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've got an N-43 Trilogy I've had since '10. Great little lid. The N44 is an improved version of the same helmet. I'd buy one in a minute.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I have the N43 the only thing I don't like is that it is on the noisy side otherwise it a great helmet. I've read the N44 has addressed that issue.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Before buying my new Nolan 104 flipface, I looked at the N-43e (which is similar to the N 44) and didn't like how close the chinbar was.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I Like Mine

Before buying my new Nolan 104 flipface, I looked at the N-43e (which is similar to the N 44) and didn't like how close the chinbar was.
I have an early N-43 and yes the chinbar is very close to the chin. I received my new N-44 a few days ago from Revzilla and the chinbar offers more room. This is a great helmet that for me touches all the bases, (great fit, drop down sun screen, a little quieter than any of the many modular helmets I have owned, and the most viewing area of any modular helmet that I am aware of). The price was reasonable as well. It also comes with a free Pinlock visor insert.

The fit and finish, design, and color options (I chose a hi-viz orange) are the equal of all but Arai and Schuberth....and just a notch behind Shoei.

Check out the reviews on Revzilla and webBikeWorld (www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm)

That being said, I came close to pulling the trigger on an Arai CT-Z ... and would have if they had a drop down sun screen, a hi-viz color (especially orange), a chinbar, and a little less cost.

There is no perfect helmet, but for me the Nolan N-44 comes mighty close.

image.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a Nolan N43, my first Nolan, which I love. With that said, I believe the Nolan helmets, at least my N43 is not nearly as well made as Shoei's. I like the Neotec, but it sure is pricey and I seem to have a closet full of old helmets.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Hey Snoopy! I have a N43 in white. It was warn a couple of times. I think it is a medium. Is still in the box. I leave for Florida on Nov 22nd. be there on Sunday. Could hook up early next week if you want it. If you hang on before you buy one, you can have this one for $75.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I have had an N44 Nolan for about a year now and really like it. I do not use the chin bar at all so can't comment about that, but the helmet fits well and is comfortable and much quieter than my HJC. Sound from my JM elite head set is great. I did modify the ear molds a little to make them fit but no big deal. The face shield and built in sun visor are excellent. Worth the money IMO.

Fred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts