GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Queen Creek AZ. I am 71 and haven't ridden for some 45 years but the urge never left. Consequently I bought my first Wing a couple weeks ago and intend to get into ridding again. My last bike was a 1970s vintage Honda CB750 four pipe. The Wing is an entirely new and different experience and frankly the weight is somewhat intimidating. Never the less I am persevering and plan to take a local motorcycle safety course to refresh things that surely have been forgotten. Short rides so far that have whetted my appetite and makes me wonder why I waited so long. Looking forward to many enjoyable miles!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome New old guy in AZ.
What year Wing do you have?
to bad you dont still have you CB750, thats a very desirable year.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Glad to hear you're back in the saddle, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2:

Just out of curiosity, what Wing did you get?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Good time of year to get back into riding. And hello from Payson!

Methinks you need to do some practice laps rolling north on the Bush Highway to the Beeline, then north to Payson. Have breakfast or lunch at Payson's airport restaurant, Crosswinds. Or one of the many diners and cafes in the area! Early Bird in Pine is a favorite.

Or head up and over the Mazatzal's for a meal at the new Roosevelt Lake Marina adjacent to Hwy 188. Then head south to Globe then west through Devil's Canyon to your place.

- David

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum Technoholic. I also had a CB750 four piper in the 70s. Sweet ride. But gave it up to raise a family. Now, kids raised and retired, bought a 2013 wing in March of this year and enjoying ever mile of it. I was through Payson, AZ in May of this year and couldn't wipe the grin off my face for days. Lovely area. Stay safe and ride more!

Reactions: david vaughn

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Welcome from the NW side of the valley! You picked a perfect time of year to get back into riding. Good on you taking the rider course, too.

Ah yes, the CB750. Formerly a proud owner of a 1973.

Reactions: david vaughn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts