GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a while, and enjoy the dialog here.
Thought I had better introduce myself and participate. Some things on here are just too good to merely lurk not become an active participant.
I ride an 04 Gold Wing that I've had 2 yrs.
Don't ride enough but have promised myself I will do better.
Just had the Wing Soft large mod done to my seat and have a set of **** O' pegs to install this weekend. I think I will be more comfortable now.
Did not realize I would be so cramped when I bought it and I think that is the reason I have not ridden more. Have 6000 miles on her now.
I live in North Alabama and look forward to building some relationships here and enjoying some good riding.
I used to participate in the VRCC board when I had a VALK. Wish I had one beside the Wing. Been a few years though.
I do have thick skin.
TIA for all you do for our hobby/sport.

Steve

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Welcome to the board, Steve. I'm sure that there are a few on the board that will work on trying to make that thick skin a little thinner. :lol:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Good to meet you, Steve! Welcome!
BTW, I just sent my seat to do the Wingsoft. What's your impression?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Impression

Very good so far.
At first it was like sitting on a basketball. Not uncomfortable, but the foam was taller and more was there to sit on.
I have about 300 miles on it now and this past Saturday I rode to Birmingham and back, about 250 miles round trip and it just kept getting better and better. I sit in a completely different position and w/o changing the Kury pegs I have on the engine guards, they even felt better. If I hadn't already bought the **** O' pegs, I would be satisified like it is.
With that in mind though, all have said the **** O' pegs make it even better.

I'm 6'3" 265 and the seat mod made a world of difference.

Steve

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Thanks, Steve! Good to know! I am 5'11" at 230lb. Hope it works for me too :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
icing777
I think you will like it.
Before the mod, I would find myself sitting on the tank cover instead of the seat irregardless of the suspension setting. And the pressure was not on my butt, it was in places it did not need to be. Like I said, much better now.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
PHIL, PHIL, Watch out it looks like you lost a couple tiles off of your Rocketship!!!!! :D :D

6gun, glad to see you come out of the closet!!!LOL :D :D :shock:
Welcome

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome Steve,

You will definately find answers toall questions here, and will sometimes need that Thick Skin..

Ride Safely 8)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
A big welcome from the north too.

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Welcome aboard, 6gun. You will have to meet us on one of our NE Alabama runs soon.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
6gun said:
Don't ride enough but have promised myself I will do better. I live in North Alabama
Well heck Steve, it has been too hot to ride more there. Our riding season
is just now kicking off with Hal's BBQ. It is the first of 3 three day week-ends
in a row for us. I have lived down south since 1984, and I still hate the
heat & humidity. The wife likes the heat though.

It is always good to hear from a former lurker. :lol: Enjoy the October
through April weather.

Herb

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Welcome aboard. You sure have some pretty country to ride in in N Al (atleast the eastern part).

Came through on labor day and rode the Lookout Mountain Parkway. Great ride and the canyon was pretty impressive too.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Welcome to the arena and many miles of fun must be done!! :wink:

:flg:

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
WELCOME...Steve

·
Registered