GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

I have been lurking a few weeks and am enjoying the forum. I purchased a new to me 2018 Goldwing in June, just on time for a trip from the DFW area to Seattle. I had the bike about a week and a half before I left, but needed tires and a rack installed, so very little riding before the trip. The bike was awesome on the way there, and learning it on the fly added to the adventure.

One of the guys on the trip and I left our bikes in Seattle and went back in August to ride them home. The wives joined us for a few days around Olympia National Park then the ride home. The total trip was 5400 miles. What a great start to owning a great bike!

I had to relearn the bike and had just as much fun on the way home. I was an android user so I used an iPhone 6 my wife had for the trip with mixed results with car play.

I traded a 2012 Harley Ultra Limited to get this bike, and of course have no regrets. This bike is everything I had hoped it would be. My main ride prior to the Gold wing was a 2013 F6B, which I still have. I also have a 2013 R1200 RT.

I look forward to hearing about other's input and experience with their Gold wings.

Cheers.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Welcome from another Texan!!! That's how you learn all about your new ride is just jump on it and follow the road!! Feel free to ask questions and supply answers if you have them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another Howdy from a fellow Texan. You will get a lot of great rides out of your new ride.
Enjoy and be safe.
Larry
Tomball, Texas

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome aboard from the DFW area!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts