GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 GL1800 that I would like to repaint white, but am having difficulty finding the information I need to do this.....surface prep, type of paint, the finishing touch needed to make it look like a professional job. Does anyone have any advice...tips, tricks, procedures....or know where I can get this information? Many thanks in advance. Pete

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am not a painter, but it seems to me that if you are going to go to all the trouble of painting, PAINT IT ILLUSION BLUE, it will go faster. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry PW, I had to post that.
In all seriousness, check www.uspaint.com (I think that is right) for info. I believe they supply the paint for mother Honda.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
paint

unless you have access to a very good painter, i would sell the 03 and purchase a new 04 already white.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
JD, I have to agree with you on this one, with one little caveat. Why not scuttle the whole Idea, till the '05 comes out in a few months.

Bulldog

·
Registered
891 Posts
Ditto to what they said

You might find a painter,but he could never match factory for the chipping factor.They paint with a negative charge at the factory,thats why a rock could hit it and not be noticed. And as far as white goes ,I think a pearl white would be awesome,not appliance white. good luck

·
Chard Member
12,966 Posts
PWGilbert.....All the information you need on how to paint your Wing is as close as your nearest trade school. I don't think the Wing is something I would want to practice my non-painting skills on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts