GL1800Riders Forums banner

New Parts Ordered

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  dduelin 
#1 ·
I had to order new trunk parts, 2 new inner rear pockets, 2 new lower part where the trunk hinges fasten too and new wire harness clips. Also ordered new Polygon exhaust tips to replace the old ones that the Crome is coming off and rusty on the lower side.

Reactions: William Anzik
#2 ·
... and new wire harness clips. .
Can you post a link to the parts fishe and the item number ??? I try to stock all that stuff and cannot picture "harness clips" in the trunk. I can picture them as part of a harness assembly.

#7 ·
83511-MCA-S40 cover R. Engine

83514-MCA-S40 Mat R. Engine

83561-MCA-S40 cover L. Engine

83564-MCA-640 Mat L. Engine cover

I think this is the part numbers for the black engine covers and the sound dampening material that is inside them. At least these will fit my 2013 Goldwing.

Double check me though!
Found these numbers at Honda Partshouse. I didn’t check if they had them in stock. I did add them to the cart and got a total of $344.00.........Wow they like these don’t they!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#8 ·
83511-MCA-S40 cover R. Engine

83514-MCA-S40 Mat R. Engine

83561-MCA-S40 cover L. Engine

83564-MCA-640 Mat L. Engine cover

I think this is the part numbers for the black engine covers and the sound dampening material that is inside them. At least these will fit my 2013 Goldwing.

Double check me though!
Found these numbers at Honda Partshouse. I didn’t check if they had them in stock. I did add them to the cart and got a total of $344.00.........Wow they like these don’t they!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wow, I think I’ll hold off, it’s only one small spot on the right cover

#12 ·
You might look into the rubberized spray paints that can be peeled off later. I cant recall a brand name at the moment . It's available in colors . I used a can of red to paint valve covers on my 03 . It holds up well. I purchased a used set of the black rear section of the battery/side cover. They had been painted with this type paint .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.