GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after all the helpful info i have gained through this board ,i felt like it was my duty to report the findings of this new polish i discovered today.i have a friend that works for the local international dealership here in my hometown.he knows how i am always looking for a product to improve the looks of my truck. that being said, i walked in today and he grabs me by the arm and says mike! you have got try this stuff, it is f*%^&%[email protected] amazing.i looked at him and said dude! have you lost your mind? he looks at me and points to there swinging doors to the parts house. it was a spot about the size of a cheap paper plate and it was like looking at a mirror! now bear in mind these doors have been hanging at this place for nearly 25 years and you can imagine the kicks, scraps , chemicals these doors have been subject to over the years.he said he put a drop and i just started laughing.he told me to take the bottle and try it and if i like it just stop by and pay for it.so, i said deal, and i did just that.i put just a drop on a papertowel and rubbed in a circular motion for 10 seconds. then took a dry papertowell and wiped it dry. all i can say is wow! this weekend the goldwing will be in the air.these pics are from the fuel tank on the big truck.let me know what you think.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 0c46ae.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 0c46dd.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 0c4772.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 0c4603.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 0c45d4.jpg :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i believe the price was 5.99 a bottle. i picked it up from our local international dealer.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sounds too good to be true. What about it's long-term effect on plastic/fiberglass/tupperware? Their FAQ didn't say much about anything.

David M.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am in the dark as much as you about the long term effects david. all i can tell you about is the results i got today.i am sure its not something you would want to use everytime you wash your bike or car, etc. only when you have trouble spots.i can tell you this , the spot i polished today is slick as owl ****.i am wondering how well this will work on the bike wheels. anyone know what type of metal the wheels are?

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
macdaddy said:
i believe the price was 5.99 a bottle. i picked it up from our local international dealer.
have you tried it yet ? I was just wondering if this stuff really works or
is it just another sales gimmic ?

cosmic

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
macdaddy said:
i am in the dark as much as you about the long term effects david. all i can tell you about is the results i got today.i am sure its not something you would want to use everytime you wash your bike or car, etc. only when you have trouble spots.i can tell you this , the spot i polished today is slick as owl flip.i am wondering how well this will work on the bike wheels. anyone know what type of metal the wheels are?
Aluminum

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
macdaddy said:
i am in the dark as much as you about the long term effects david. all i can tell you about is the results i got today.i am sure its not something you would want to use everytime you wash your bike or car, etc. only when you have trouble spots.i can tell you this , the spot i polished today is slick as owl flip.i am wondering how well this will work on the bike wheels. anyone know what type of metal the wheels are?
Aluminum
thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cosmic_chariot said:
macdaddy said:
have you tried it yet ? I was just wondering if this stuff really works or
is it just another sales gimmic ?

cosmic
pics in first post :roll:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would assume that you are only going to use it on the metal parts of your bike... not the paint. Metal polishes usually depend on abrasives or heavy duty chemicals to clean. Not the best thing in the world for paint.

I found that Meguiar's NXT or Hi-Tech Yellow wax 26 works really well on my Black wing.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I use Honda Metal polish and finish restorer on both metal and tupperware parts. Says you can use it on your acrylic windshield to remove scratches but haven't tried it on that. Works great on metal and tupperware. Removes tar and black sole marks without scratching. Easy to use and use very sparingly.

I am sold on this product!

Would like to try the "intimidator"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anybody here ever used Zaino products? Not gonna start a long post on them, but they are formulated for black (dark color) show cars. Used them on the last two black cars I had and they are unmatched. Aside from the shine best feature is that they can be used on trim without leaving a residue. Even use the detail spray on glass.

Think their site is http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

They explain it better than I can.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I saw the results of using a product call Rejex when I was in St. Pete at the GWRRA rider ed fair. It was on a wing trike and was MIGHTY impressive.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dick Fowler said:
I would assume that you are only going to use it on the metal parts of your bike... not the paint. Metal polishes usually depend on abrasives or heavy duty chemicals to clean. Not the best thing in the world for paint.

I found that Meguiar's NXT or Hi-Tech Yellow wax 26 works really well on my Black wing.
it says here on the bottle it removes minor scratches from paint , metal,and glass.also removes bluing from exhaust pipes, acid, tar ,rust and glue. as far as abrasives , i havent seen or felt anything in this liquid.i tried it on my foggy headlight and blinker covers and it cleared them right up.will be trying it out more this weekend.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts