GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost all cell phones today have MP3 capability built in. It would be nice to output the music to the GL aux input. BUT the cellphone connector is a 2.5mm male jack with 4 connections, mic, left, right and ground. Someone must make these jacks but I have not found one yet. I don't know if there is any standard wiring for these connectors or not. Is there anyone else who would like a cable like this or am I all alone? I don't want to buy an MP3 player when my phone/PDA has a 2 Gbyte card full of MP3 files already.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Is your phone pretty standard? My cellphone uses mini-usb for the headset adapter.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Hey Now, don't let these new ideas take away from the BBQ planning!!!!

We gotta eat ya know!!!!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see that Kennedy makes some type of adapters for various phones but do not know if they will work for what I am trying to do. I am also not sure that they are stereo.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
KYBLUE said:
Hey Now, don't let these new ideas take away from the BBQ planning!!!!

We gotta eat ya know!!!!
No worries....BBQ comes first. :eat1:
I am glad to see that Lewis still has his priorities in the right order. Food first, project later.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
We have it figured out...have to order a few parts to make it work...will report back. If you plug a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable in, you will only get mono and not stereo....thats where the other parts come into play.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How long should we make this cable?
Long enough to go from the tank bag you are supposed to be in the process of obtaining (that I am anxiously awaiting) to either the left storage pocket or maybe a handlebar mounted device. I already have a cable at the left handlebar controls for my XM radio. Perhaps others do also.

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
How long should we make this cable?
You should make it untill a new modle wing comes out and then maybe a few years after that :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts