GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a Beta PTT on Dr. Robs bike. I received the beta version from a member of this board, Gary of "Gary & Mikey".

Highlights: The switch is 100% plug and play. extremely unobtrusive and looks OEM when installed. Instructions are clear and even Meesh could install it. Location for install in the passenger cockpit, either left or right side under the speaker enclosure is excellent and easy for the passenger to utilize.

I am seriously considering changing my current PTT, and installing this one on my bike, as Meesh prefers the new PTT. Gary has done a fine job on this one. It is well thought out and as simple as alphabet soup to install.

If anyone is interested, send Gary an Email. I am sure that he would accommodate you, and provide a small PTT that works, for a lot less money than what is on the market today.

EMAIL:[email protected]

Bulldog

J

·
0 Posts
Ditto on the PTT swith

Yep, Ditto on what Bulldog says. Clean, Easy Install and very functional. Does the job nicely.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Several listed on eBay that also work well. Go to eBay and do a search on GL1800

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Elkk,

I went on Ebay as you reccommended and did a search. you are 100% correct, in that there are several PTT harness' on EBAY.

What I found, was some with a starting bid of $29.99 with a buy it now for 34.99 + $5 shipping. Also another version for a start bid price of $42.99 + $5 shipping. No doubt in my mind that Gary's PTT switches are under that, and with less expensive shipping.

As a service to the members of this board that were looking for a QUALITY PTT, I wanted to let them know where to get one at a better price, and also to support a member of the board. Additionally,I am sure that Gary will support his product with TECH support and a warranty period.

Gary has not asked me to support him or toot his horn. He does well enough without me. I just have a very bad habit of supporting board members and board vendors, that have proven themselves worthy.

I only endorse Gary's product, as I have installed it and used it. Nice thing about this world, is we can all buy what we want and where we want. I just hope that all of our board members that have made a better mouse trap, do well, and continue to invest in the future of better products that are more economical for our riding pleasure.

Bulldog

·
Registered
994 Posts
elkk said:
Several listed on eBay that also work well. Go to eBay and do a search on GL1800
Hey Elkk

I built a "back to back" bicycle that Judy and I rode. Boy did we get some looks. You really must get stared at on that "back to back" wing. :lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron, I have no idea. Best thing to do is give Gary an email. Tell him the dog sent ya and he might throw in an extra wire tie.

This product really looks nice on Rob's bike. Took us less than 20 minutes to install, not counting seat removal. And we were cleaning while we were there.

I have the Hondaline on my bike. Paid way too much, for a product that is half functional.

I in no way endorse this product to cut into Hals sales. I have to remember that Hal sells similar items as well. However I doubt that some of the small, after market guys out there are much of a threat.

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Bulldog,

Does it look like ours ? http://mic-mutes.com Click on the "$15 Co-rider CB TX switch" button.

We may soon consider selling it seperatly even though we haven't done that up until now.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys, the response has been tremendous. In answer to morph's question, it is similar, but when you see the "stand-alone" switch, you can see that there are differences.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does this PTT switch include include a passenger head-set volume control that actually works?

John in Vegas

·
Registered
227 Posts
PTT switch

I would suggest "Mic-Mutes" w/PTT switch. Installation is simple and the switch is very small and stays out of the way. If I recall right it was a 9/32" hole and unless you really look.

I DO NOT work for or with the company but wanted to let all know that "Mic-Mutes" is one of the best accessories I have added. The ability to cut out all external noise coming in through the mikes make the whole sound system better.

Just my nickles worth.

Ron Looney

·
Registered
766 Posts
Any chance of pic to see what this looks like? I'm considering one, offered by a board member, that includes a volume control as well for $70.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Brian I could send you a pic but it doesn't sound like you are looking for just a PTT switch. I didn't get involved with a volume control as so many people I spoke with always play their music through the bike speakers. Therefore they just simply use the fader control to suit their needs. Perhaps I should do another survey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts