GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new Dunlop Elite 3 put on the backside today, replacing a balding Dunlop D250. My front tire, also a Dunlop Elite 3 won't need changing for quite some time. Rode home approx 10 miles and felt a slightly improved ride, taking it easy until the tire breaks in some.

Is the Elite 3 a good choice? Some folks say the front & rear tires should be the same brand, others feel differently. I may try Bridgestones when I change both front & rear at the same time.

And, by the way, in my old, balding tire, there was a piece of metal 'shrapnel' that was approx 2" long x 1/4" wide nd sharp as a knife blade stuck up into the tread up near the sidewall, fortunately not a threat to puncture the tire, but pretty darned close!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The UPS guy just delivered a set of E3"s the other day. I'll be getting them installed in a couple of weeks in preparation for my Western tour the last of August. I decided to try them after good feedback from a couple of friends here and the fact that Bridgestones(which I currently have on the bike)have had reported delamination problems from a few riders.

I'm giving the E3's a shot.

Fred

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
New tires make the ride and handleing feel so much better that if tires were $200. I would change twice as often!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts