GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 14° on the way in to work this morning. Of course I forgot my riding pants at work on Friday so it was colder than necessary.

Anyway, I'm just out having fun riding in the cold. I hope y'all are staying warm.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'd believe 14° in California. I'm in San Diego, and on my ride to work the long way, I saw 30°, and I was within a few miles of the Mexican border. Rastoff is quite a ways north, if I recall, and was probably at a higher altitude. I was about 500' above sea level.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Come on dude, I live in lancaster and it was 9 degrees here and i rode to work in my shorts. LOL :D :D :D :D just kidding, this morning i drove my truck, i did think about it though. how far to work for you? i'm only 14 miles. Icebru

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Rastoff said:
It was 14° on the way in to work this morning. Of course I forgot my riding pants at work on Friday so it was colder than necessary.

Anyway, I'm just out having fun riding in the cold. I hope y'all are staying warm.
I hate when I forget my riding pants ... so do those folks who ride behind me.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was tearing the house apart this morning trying to find my nice warm riding pants. I had to suck it up and wear some long johns. Take it from me, the riding pants are better. :shock:

My wife was trying to convince me to take the cage, but it needed to go to the mechanic and I didn't want to miss the appointment.

Two things are in my favor: 1)I'm riding a Wing with heated grips and 2)The humidity here is quite low.

One thing that didn't go so well was my windscreen. You see I was playing with mounting a video camera last night and had the Windbender on it's lowest setting. Since I was searching for the right apparel I was running a little late. Consequently I forgot to re-position the Windbender.

So I'm headed down the road wondering, "Why do I have this extra wind finding it's way into my helmet?" It was then I noticed the position of the Windbender. Being the genius I am, I decided to wait until I got to work to adjust it. There really isn't any safe place to pull over anyway.

It's 20 miles to work and it really was 14°! (Unless the thermometer was made by the same company at the speedometer :shock: )

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Rastoff said:

It was 61F on the way to work this morning. My uniform pants are a little on the thin side and I was thinking I should have worn a pair of jeans for the ride to work. BRRRR

·
Registered
598 Posts
Rastoff,

It was 6 degrees here the other morning on my way to work............

Okay, I wussed out and took the car, BUT I WANTED TO BE ON THE BIKE (does that count?).

Actually, they said it was supposed to warm up a little and then snow so I didn't ride. Guess what, they were wrong - it didn't warm up and it didn't snow :lol:

Paul H.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Cold enough up here on the beach to make the brass monkeys talk in soprano.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I'm writing this from a motel room in Ukiah, CA. I had some vacation to use before the end of the year, so I don't have anyplace specific to be until Thursday. I headed for the coast, then south, Sunday around 2 pm. I've confined my riding to daylight hours and the temperature has ranged from 36 degrees with light fog to 64 degrees and bright sunshine - I did plug the Widder gloves in for a little while. I almost had the gal at Starbucks in Fort Bragg, CA convinced that I had brought the sunshine with me, but I couldn't talk her out of a cup of coffee. :lol:

I rode a couple of hundred miles of the finest curves out there, including US101 from Leggett to Westport, SR20 from Fort Bragg to Willits, and SR 29 from Clear Lake to Calistoga. I didn't find any ice, but there were some spots where I had to pick my way through wet sand from earlier in the day, and I did find one slick spot on SR 20 that got my heart rate UP for a minute. Dunno what it was; it might even have been a splash of diesel fuel...

I've gotta figure out which way to go tomorrow.... :lol: Decisions, decisions....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts