GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 14° on the way in to work this morning. Of course I forgot my riding pants at work on Friday so it was colder than necessary.

Anyway, I'm just out having fun riding in the cold. I hope y'all are staying warm.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was tearing the house apart this morning trying to find my nice warm riding pants. I had to suck it up and wear some long johns. Take it from me, the riding pants are better. :shock:

My wife was trying to convince me to take the cage, but it needed to go to the mechanic and I didn't want to miss the appointment.

Two things are in my favor: 1)I'm riding a Wing with heated grips and 2)The humidity here is quite low.

One thing that didn't go so well was my windscreen. You see I was playing with mounting a video camera last night and had the Windbender on it's lowest setting. Since I was searching for the right apparel I was running a little late. Consequently I forgot to re-position the Windbender.

So I'm headed down the road wondering, "Why do I have this extra wind finding it's way into my helmet?" It was then I noticed the position of the Windbender. Being the genius I am, I decided to wait until I got to work to adjust it. There really isn't any safe place to pull over anyway.

It's 20 miles to work and it really was 14°! (Unless the thermometer was made by the same company at the speedometer :shock: )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts