GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found one of those deals you just cant pass up. A baby blue Kawa Vulcan 2000 in 04 year model. Has V&H pipes and what a sound. This is a heavy bike, but with 145 Lb. Ft. Torque it is a rocket. I wanted a cruiser to replace my FJR1300 and landed on this thing. At 70 she just purrs on the Big Road. Not much for tight town driving but will do pretty good on curves due to low center of gravity. Dont know much else but at 1600 miles Im sure it will get better as it breaks in. This is my first ride on it today. Just a wild excelleration on this thing. Red light to red light it is one bad machine. Just my first observation of this bike. Anyone else have one of these bad boys. Any thing I should know about it.
thanks

allan

·
Registered
696 Posts

just bought a 1600 nomad and like it a lot it is a lot smoother then i thought it would be. just bought it to ride around close but it does the interstate well

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a Kawasaki Voyager and the only thing I didn't really care for is after market stuff. I couldn't find anyone but Markland who had stuff for it. No compitition means really high prices. I don't know if the Vulcans are the same way or not. :lol: Kawasaki does make some great bikes though. Enjoy your new ride. 8)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had an '03 1600 and enjoyed it. Test rode the 2053cc Vulcan at the Cycle World Show a few weeks ago. I think the 1600 is smoother and maybe a nicer ride over all, especially around town, but the BIG engine bike was a hoot and will stretch definitely your arms if you whack open the throttle. A "MeanStreak" version of the big bike would be a real blast.

As nice as the big luxo-bikes like the GW are, it's fun to get on a more rowdy bike once in a while.

:D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I had a 2000 as a loaner while the wing was in the shop. Maybe it's the shape of my big rear, but within 20 miles I was getting numbum. Aside from that I would have been a nice second bike for the stable.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
paupton said:
Kawa Vulcan 2000 in 04 year model. Just a wild excelleration on this thing. Red light to red light it is one bad machine. Just my first observation of this bike.
allan
Nice.
Keep posting; I think it's a highly under-rated bike and you'll love it.
I'd really like to see one kitted-up for touring.

·
Registered
657 Posts
New Bike

I'm considering getting a new motorcycle myself to have along with the Gold Wing. The Vulcan 2000 was in contention (previously had a 1500 Nomad), but I've since settled on the Triumph Rocket III. It also has 145 (actually 147) ft. lbs of torque, but a lot more horsepower and 2294 cc's of engine. The 2000 is nice but in my case it lost out. But enjoy the Vulcan, they are nice riding machines and it does have a purty motor, can't really say that about the Triumph (unless I get the engine in black), but it is growing on me.
Dennis

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Oh Yeah!!!!!!!! 6,600 miles on it so far.

Here it is prior to the too many add-ons now installed.

After my VTX1300 got totaled, I would have bought a Honda VTX1800,
but self-canceling turn signals were second on the list of priorities. A
large engine was number one. :lol:

I dislike all of the Kawasaki baord's I have found online. I have been
spoiled to Hal's boards. :lol:

Kawasaki's new Ninja 1352cc engine gets called a 1400, but our 2053cc
gets called a 2000? It is hard to explain to people that in not the year
when describing the bike. :evil: :D

Herb

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Rinkopr said:
Maybe it's the shape of my big rear, but within 20 miles I was getting numbum.
No, the Japanese have one less tailbone then us. I always plan on a
Mustang seat for my cruisers. $440, top of the line. But Goldwing seats,
we are looking a $1000+. Conspiracy I say!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts