GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... passed the Wing by a narrow margin, but a bad knee and the Wing's weight influenced my decision.

Picked up a new FXSTC Softail Custom yesterday morning..

Thanks to the membership for Wing info and assistance.

Lennie

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yellow wolf said:
you'll be sorry,lol
I'm not a brand basher and I won't participate in the practice.

I personally don't give a damn what you ride.. just that you enjoy what you have under you.

I love this scoot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Red...

As noted... went down 2.5 years ago and sustained a broken knee and tibia. I enjoyed the VTX1800 I had but my knee was beginning to act up, hence my redirection to something a bit lighter.

My first experience with HD but after my first 100 miles I'm discovering it's a nice bike.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Again, thanks for all the kind words. Since I don't "know" you yellow wolf, difficult to "read between" anything.

I LOVE the Wing and would really like to have one... but as Mr Eastwood said, "a man's gotta know his limitations".

Weight, I've found, is mine. I think I'm doing real well after having suffered a seven month convalesence from the bike wreck I had in 04. Never thought I'd ride two wheels again, and voila', here I am.

As for rides... I'll ride with most anyone, and the longer the ride the better. I don't mind duct taping my clothes to the saddle for a long jaunt.

Stay safe friends.

Lennie

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
We're all Bros... we love to ride, we love our respective machines and we do share the roads.

I enjoyed all the interplay on this one, and I for one will ride with ANYONE here.

If y'all are ever down Texas way, holler - I've got a spare room and space to park your scooter - first beer's on me.

Lennie

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Thank you, Pat.

Rode 140 miles today.. can't seem to wipe this grin off :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts