GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should a guy be looking at paying for a new 2010 Goldwing. None abs, stock bike??:shrug:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
$19000ish if it was me. I assume that you are buying stateside?

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Hal makes an excellent suggestion. And you've got a pretty knowledgeable guy in White Rock, BC who is a member of this board. Ron has helped lots of riders import Gold Wings from the U.S. Check out Daddo http://gl1800riders.com/forums/member.php?u=33010, and his site http://sites.google.com/site/ronh2005/howtoimportamotorcycle

By the way, I was in Indiana a couple of months ago and a dealer there told me he just lost a 2010 Gold Wing sale. The lowest he could go was $19,300. His customer paid $18,500 in Ohio. These prices apparently are all in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, looking state side. There's always the question of warranty, I'm hearing warranty will not be good in Canada if you buy in the States. I live maybe an two hour ride from the dealer in the States so know big deal. The dealer in the States says it's not that big a deal to bring a new bike across, just make Sure your paper work is in order!!

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Yup, looking state side. There's always the question of warranty, I'm hearing warranty will not be good in Canada if you buy in the States. I live maybe an two hour ride from the dealer in the States so know big deal. The dealer in the States says it's not that big a deal to bring a new bike across, just make Sure your paper work is in order!!
I've not purchased in the States, but friends have. Plus some Canadians on this board. If I was buying a new Gold Wing, I wouldn't be too concerned about warranty. Especially if I lived near the border. Will your new Wing require warranty work? Hopefully not, and if I could save $5,000 or more I'd be willing to take that risk. BTW, it was explained to me that the lack of warranty in Canada is because no money from the purchase of the new bike goes into the "warranty pot" for Honda Canada. It all goes to Honda USA, since that's where the bike was purchased.

Good luck!

·
Registered
148 Posts
re 1800 costs

A friend of mine bought one a couple weeks ago after the dealer took $6300 off of list and gave him like $3000 for his old 1200. Great deal but only available in black.
Good hunting. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts