GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my new Boots from DerbyCycles.com. Red-Wing 980 riding boots, a very nice boot @ $132.58 including shipping. That's $9.00 plus tax, cheaper than local dealer. They provided quick shipping and good product, "Hats Off to Them"! Anyone else, use this boot?

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
How many miles you got on them new boots?

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JUST RECIEVED! HELLO! Now, that's funny I don't care who you are!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
http://www.redwingworx.com/order/980.htm

Red Wing Motorcycle boots are designed to be used. They are built in China with heavy duty full grain leather that offers durability for the long haul. Oil and abrasion resistant soles give you grip-the-road security. With Goodyear welted construction you have a sole that is stitched, not glued, and inside there is a contoured urethane footbed for superior comfort with an anti-microbial, anti-bacterial covering to protect your feet in all kinds of weather.

* 9 inch
* Full grain, waterproof black upper leather
* RW Dry waterproof system
* AEGIS™ covered removable footbed
* Goodyear welt construction
* Heat, oil, and slip resistant Vibram® Logger outsole

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been wearing Red Wing Boots of one variety or another for over 20 years, I have never had a problem with them.

Never a pulled eyelet or popped stitching on a sole, nothing.

I just picked up a pair of Irish Setters, Made by Red Wing. The deerslayer model with 1000 gram thinsolate lining. I put those puppies on with the Gerbings Electric Socks and then a thin wool sock over them. I have sized the boots 1/2 size larger to layed socks.

Toasty warm, waterproof and a tough boot. Bulletproof to -40 degrees easy.

I also have a pair of Red Wing Model 2207, steel toes, steel shank, waterproof tall boots with a vubram sole. I have died them "Biker black" and have had them one season so far. Very little lining on these boots and have run them through the Mojave Desert 5 times last year and also through plenty of rain.

Good move on getting Red Wings, No complaints

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
wow...and I only wear those cheap Harley boots made by Wolverine...ami I missing something?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
It may depend on the style..I have the Faded Glory and the Cruise Control, and was told they are made by Wolverine. Either way, they've been good boots, so no complaints from me...I looked on the Wolverine site last time I was shopping for boots, but did not see anything similar to either of mine...I like the soles, never had a problem fueling up! I'll also check out RedWing's women's styles...thanks for the post...always looking for boots, chrome and anything bike! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts