GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on MBL risers yesterday and now the the bike wants to roll with clutch all the way in. The cables have plenty of slack. I noticed when it's cold the rpm is a bit higher and it tries to engage.

Any thoughts? It was fine before I added risers

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The clutch doesn't use a "cable" as it's hydraulic. Did you open the master cylinder or disconnect the fluid line and get air into the line? Sounds like it's a good time to change the system fluid and give it a complete "bleed".

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Did you roll the clutch master cylinder/reservoir upside down? Might try flushing or bleeding the clutch. Or did you maybe rotate the lever travel adjustment?

Reactions: Big Tee

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you roll the clutch master cylinder/reservoir upside down? Might try flushing or bleeding the clutch. Or did you maybe rotate the lever travel adjustment?
No never upside down, just hard left and right. I think that setting is for different size hands.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
If you moved the lever and reseviour around it may have dislodged some gunk and gotten into the check valve in the master cylinder. Replace fluid, clean, bleed, etc.

Reactions: UNCLEJOHN

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YA BROKE IT :surprise: :wink2::laugh: SOMETIMES THE "LITTLE" JOBS TURN INTO "DAY " JOB GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW WHAT YA FIND

·
Vendor
17,821 Posts
On a 5th gen, routing of all hoses and all harnesses is critical. Could your routing be incorrect ??? Where the handle bars bolt to the top-bridge, the brake and clutch hoses go on the outside of the bars, and wire harnesses go to the inside. The throttle cables route to the outside, through the outer clip on the underside of the right bar, then into another clip on the backside of the right fork, and then behind the fork. The cables must never cross.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts