GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a new front Metzeler installed on my Wing yesterday and the manufacture date is 2003 (week 20 of 2003, thus May 2003). I have not seen any info as to the dates that Metzeler was actually doing their run of new tires and am interested in the dates on the front tires that any of you have received from this latest shipment. Would appreciate it if you could post your manufacture date.

Info on location manufacture dates (and other tire info) can be found at:

http://ama-cycle.org/roadride/tires.asp

·
Registered
786 Posts
after the DOT code:

E224 0504

Just got the front fror HDL on Wednesday.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
TxGoldWing said:
after the DOT code:

E224 0504

Just got the front fror HDL on Wednesday.
Now that's a fresh tire. That's the fifth week of this year (the last week of January).

·
Chard Member
13,051 Posts
Front.... EBOK BOD2103
Rear.... EB31 BOH2203

This is the codes off of the miserable set I had late last year. It looks like you have one of the old fronts Dave. Hope it's a good one.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Metzler

Recieved my frt tire Tuesday my production code is 0504 as well. :D :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got my front from Hal this past Friday..ordered it over Christmas...I'm an "0504" as well. Anyone have any wobble from the new fronts?? I'm waiting till after bike week to install mine...

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys

Thanks for the info guys. That's what I was afraid of since this tire actually arrive a couple of weeks ago. Well, I guess I'll just have to check it out on the road and see how it does. I've had good and bad, but just hope this is a good one. The one I replaced had about 14k on it, so it served me pretty well, and I probably could have gotten a few more K miles out of it, but I just don't like thin rubber the way I ride.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. And you guys with the "0504", let us hear how they are doing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts