GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

Lewis,
Y'all are just all over it aren't ya but I already got all my stuff hooked up and this would've been a much neater deal but hey I'll slow down with my thinkin' of things to add so y'all can get back ahead of me. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
XM ROADY XT

Just bought one today from XM radio for $41 for 6-months and renew for $6.99 per month. I have another radio in my wife car, got the renewal for $77 per year. I think they have some specials for previous customers. It might be worth a call. The roady is basically free. No activation or equipment cost.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Works well with the XT.....in fact, we did a swap for a customer that had a Sky-fi and went to the XT. With the XT there was not enough volume and a new humming noise (I think from the power adaptor). We pulled her old GLI and adaptor and put this unit in and all the problems went away.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts

I read that the "she" customers get top notch assistance from y'all at yer location, is this a usual practice or do ugly guys get the same courtesy?? :lol:

·
Registered
275 Posts
does this tie into the AUX audio connector or where/how? :?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Fred H. said:
$99 for a new Roady seems kinda high, considering I paid $20 for my original

There used to be some good deals floating around on these. Anybody seen any lately?
We have a Roady (now 2) and Delphi SkyFi wired into the house, garage, 2 cars and the GW.

Try here --->http://www.specmo.com/SKYFi/default.asp

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them including extra antennas and remotes for my XM equipment for a couple years now and the've been a great resource. On October 20, 2006 I bought from these guys another Roady. I wanted the Roady because if I upgraded the receiver to one of the latest Delphi models, Delphi says the new antennas are not compatable with the Roady and I would need to upgrade these also. I wanted another receiver without necessaily replacing all that I had already accumulated and didn't want to spend the extra $ for more antennas and mountings.

Here is the info.
This is a brand new unit packaged complete with the mobil and home mobil antennas and other items that were included with the original a few years back.
Product ID: SA10035
Product Name: Delphi Roady Vehicle Kit w/ Universal Adapter
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $29.99 + shipping, which was $8 in my case via UPS.

Hope this helps Fred. Thanks for all you do for us.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You da man Lewis! I like what you did there! :bow:
Will it reach here?

·
Registered
598 Posts
The Raody XT is available at Walmart for less than $60 and includes everything you need except for a mount. I used a simple piece of angle, a couple of spacers and mounted it on the LH brake reservoir. I use the built in FM transmitter and send the signal through the on board stereo. Works great.

If someone will tell me how to include a picture and I will attach one.

Wayne[/img]

·
Registered
416 Posts
Fred H. said:
My old original Roady is busted, I need a new one. Anybody got any good deals on new Roadys?
:( I just gave away a Roady a couple of months ago. I got my dad a new Sirius for Christmas to replace his Roady2. I'll give you the Roady2 if you want it. I won't have it until the weekend after Christmas. Let me know.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Redneck Dave said:

I read that the "she" customers get top notch assistance from y'all at yer location, is this a usual practice or do ugly guys get the same courtesy?? :lol:
All ugly guys EXCEPT those from SE Virginia!

:p :p

Bob E.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
robeth said:
Redneck Dave said:

All ugly guys EXCEPT those from SE Virginia!

:p :p

Bob E.
When you have your hands stuffed inside someones fairing, everyone looks the same. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts